MDF Source of Supply

Boulter Plywood at http://www.boulterplywood.com/

<font color=“brown”>…sells and ships a variety of both hard and softwoods, plywoods, and other marine or furniture related products. Located in Massachusetts, they currently list MDF in either 2 foot x 4 foot, or 1 foot x 8 foot (8 square feet) sizes as follows:

1/4 inch thick - $10.00
1/2 inch thick - $14.00

Plus shipping.

Also have 4 x 4 (foot) sheets of 1/64 inch thick, 3 ply, 4 foot x 4 foot aircraft birch for $39.00 plus shipping.</font id=“brown”>

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Class 3 Landyacht #US-196
Minnesota, USA

Dick,
I give a fair share of business to boulter as they are a local shop for me! They have some excellent products, especially their supply of thin, aircraft grade (even better than marine grade) plywoods. However, their price on MDF is wayyyyyyyyyy to high. I believe I pay someplace around $3.65 US for MDF at home depot in 2’X4’ sheets.

I would reccomend finding a more affordable supply. I can build a US one meter plug for about $15.00 USD including scrap.

-Todd

I found a store in Annapolis called Exotic Lumber supply that will special order 1/4" MDF sheets that are 4’x8’ for $20. Seems to work out to be about the same price as Todd stated. I will be putting my order in as soon as I get back in town so construction can begin. ill keep you guys updated.
Andrew Miller

Could be a good point - but unfortunately, some of the large chain stores don’t all carry the same product mix. Up here - no one carries 1/4 inch MDF - 1/2 inch is the thinnest I can find. (Home Depot and Menards)

Also some guys are able to find 1/8 inch (3mm) plywood in 4x8 sheets, while up here, they seem to have never heard of of the stuff, or - if a local small yard has it, it is true “doorskin” sized material at about 3 feet x 6 feet. I recall Cougar (I think) saying he (or whomever) found it at Home Depot - but up here they don’t carry it. I usually have to buy my full sheets from Michigan Lumber in Flint when I am back for a visit and haul it back here.

<s>Posted that info for Millertme who indicated he couldn’t find it. Unfortunately, he didn’t indicate his location, so he may be too far away making freight costs prohibitive.</s>
Maybe you will need to go into business shipping us the thin stuff we can’t get… let’s see - that would be about $6.00 a piece profit ! [:D][:D]

Regards

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Class 3 Landyacht #US-196
Minnesota, USA

<font color=“green”><u>Edit:</u> Strike out - Andrew posted as I was composing !</font id=“green”>