Kyosho Fortune 612 one-design

Hi!
One way to limit the arguing is to go for a one-design, like the Kyosho Fortune 612. Cost reduction is obvious. In order to keep the big-boat rc-sailors in action one can have an modied class where the keel and rudder design of the Kyosho Fortune 612 can be varied. The standard and modified Kyosho class can sail together and two separate results list can be calculated afterwards (if needed). Here the big-boat sailor really can prove his/her point!
Regards,
Booster

uhummm…you should read the post I posted before…the Fortune’s production stopped overhere…

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

wis
i contached kyosho. and they are not stopping production. they are retooling. i am looking forward to oracle coming to the states in july
i may pick one up
cougar
long live the cup

Hi!
A typical problem of the Fortune is hatch leakage.
The hatch problem can easily be avoided using a lot silicon. The batteri must rechargable and a switch on deck.
Regards,
Booster

Hi!
Well, it seems that the rechargable batteries loose power faster than the ordinary ones. In tight situations the ordinary ones are better. Perhaps dual batteries that automatically switches from ordinary to recharchable can be adopted. Or perhaps I have to change to Marblehead… Those light wind vs hard wind programmes seems very sporty.
Regards,
Booster