Download Attachment: _1492567_eds300.jpg
13.53KB

OLE!

take a look on my kingfisher, about 1m long and 4kg of weigth
http://www.broekel.de/jan/privat/kingfisher/index.html

regards jan

hey jan

it looks very nice!

the only question is: nobody put a double keel&rudders?

I don’t make it, by now, but i’m looking for pictures on the net, trying to solve this trouble, and i find this picture, altough is very difficult to do…

OLE!

Download Attachment: CFDImageOpen60.jpg
3.84KB

well, i have twin ruders (for steering) but no foils since i have no canting keel and those are only needed to limit the drift while canting the keel

regards jan

excuse me jan

i didn’t saw it at the beggining [:-sleep]. do the double finn works best (much more) than a single one?

regards

OLE!

im opinion you need the twin finns since the hull ist flat and wide at the rear and when canting one finn in the middle would be out of the water. i think two finns work pretty well and they can be smaller, on the other hand it is pretty tricky to get the right angles for the connection and to the servo for both finns

jan

Jose,
I have looked at the plans you have posted, I have a question, how are you going to get the boat to tack?.
The Mainsail and its Boom, extend past the Backstays, all OK on fullsize boats, but NOT on RC ones.
The one I mention is “modelplanform.jpg”.
John.

I don’t know how to explaing it in english [:-banghead], but it is, simply, with a short horizontal section in the top of the mast (like a crane). Anyway, ask jan about it, he may answer better than me.

OLE!

Hi,
take a look at my backstays :slight_smile:
i dont have any and the rig is extrem stiff!
the spreaders limit the boom angel, but its still ok
regards jan

Jose,
I thought you were going to build the boat to the exact Plan.
Ok, I have also used a " Mast Crane " to clear the Mainsail.
On my Schooner I have moved the backstays to just behind the Mainmast, to clear the Boom, the boom is restricted a little, but it works ok.
I wish you luck with the project, keep us all informed !.
John.

Hi

If you want to see a similar boat than Kingfisher, and much more, you have to see a spaniard shipmate

http://www.terra.es/personal/xosemari/index.html

[:-captain] He knows the right way…

Aaaallways look on theee briiiight siiiide of liifeeeee