Ketch plans

I am looking for the plans of a ketch without topsails about 1.25m in length. ie a reaonably modern one!! I would appreciate any comments and help please. :cowboy:

Not sure it is considered a Ketch or not, but I tossed around the idea of trying to tackle the design of a Mari-Cha IV inspired RC boat. Decided I would take baby steps instead, but it is def. still in the back of my mind. As for plans I don’t think I have ever run across any, but I am sure other people here may be able to point you in the right direction.

Do you have in mind a scale project?

How about a Schooner instead? This is our new/old project made from a mold originally designed by a fellow named Amin Hess down in St. Petersburg FL. This is a near 30 year old project we brought back because so many people were interested in schooners (we have 4 here in town already)

58" LOA and 17" beam draws about 10" and roughly 32# lead ballast giving a total displacment just under 40 lbs. Lead can be poured or slugs (latter is better) and you can have the rig of your choice since you get to build it. Armin set it up as a 3 masted schooner and it really flew… I would make it easier and taller with a 2 masted rig and build it similar to the yacht “America” which of course started all that cup business.

I can tell you that this would be a light air machine… the lines of the hull are FAST… this ain’t no tuna boat…

You could go nuts on the woodwork on this and have a real showpiece on top of something fast.

Thank you replying.I am open as to going scale depending on the boat. I think 58" a bit too long for transportation purposes but guess could be scaled down?:bouncy:

Larry I certainly like the lines of the one you sent and will have a look at your website…Appeals to me despite the size!!! Do you have the plans and a photo of this schooner please

I am looking for the plans of a ketch without topsails about 1.25m in length. ie a reaonably modern one!! I would appreciate any comments and help please

John

There is a plan for a ketch called Moonduster plan No MAR 2973 from Traplet Publications. You can call their Sydney Office on 02-9520-0933

Although the size is 825 mm loa but you can go to a plan printer and ask them to resize the drawings for you to a larger size at a relatively cheap price.

Millrtme,
Ran accross your comment… Did you ever start your Mari-Cha inspired ketch? I’m building a similiar rc boat, started it before knowing she exsisted. Its my concept boat, a scale model, for future Port Huron-Mackinac Race as monohull challenge for trimarans (Earth Voyager).
Yar

I have Cad plans for a 40 inch ketch that I designed called “Guanyin” Strip planked balsa modern but shapely hull with nice sheer, curved stem, raked stern.(The traditional way not reverse) I can e-mail the CAD .DWG file or .DXF - j_storrow@hotmail.com.

Let me look and see if I still heve it though because it might have been on an old computer that bit the dust.

Cheers

Okay I have it.

Cheers.
Surprised myself that I could find it