Just a Photo Test

How to post large (non thumbnail) attached/uploaded images into your messages.

The first thing you need to do is to change your message editor to the Enhanced Interface by going to very top right of page, “Welcome: [username] My Profile Settings Log Out” and click on “Settings

Scroll down bottom left column “Forum” and click on “Forum Settings

Scroll down to the bottom "Miscellaneous Options"and select “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing” and click on “Save Changes

OK, now you can reply/post messages.

You don’t want to use the “Quick Reply” editor, because you can only type. No attachments. So, click on “Go Advanced

I found that it is easier to attach/upload all the images you want first, then type your text, so click on “Manage Attachments

You get to the File Upload Manager. To upload files on your local system so everyone can see them, select the Add files button (upper right).

From there, you will get a dialog box that will allow you find the pictures on your local hard drive. Select the image(s) that you want to upload, then press the Upload Files button.

(here is just one file in the queue to be uploaded)

When all the files have been upload click on “Insert Inline” to finish the process.

OK, the pictures are now on the RCSailing.net server. You’re almost there!

In the typing window you will see your image, hover your mouse over the image and you will see a yellow pencil over the upper right of the image, click on the pencil.

You get a pop-up dialog box, where you have options of left, right, center, no alignment of the image and image size (Thumbnail, Medium, Large, Full size). Select the desired size and/or justification and save.

(Warning: You will find the alignment choices doesn’t quite work at this time. I recommend just selecting none)

From there you can edit/add/delete text around the image.

(Text left of image)

(Text right of image)

I HIGHLY recommend that you Preview Changes to see what your post will look like, before you Save Changes just to make sure you post looks the way you want it to.

Suggestions:
This type of posting is great for build threads so you can have your images and textual thoughts flow. I recommend that think ahead of time of the order of your images and rename them on your local drive appropriately.

Say you have 10 images you want to show off. Rename them with ordering numbering in front before you upload them.
Example:
01 image0384.jpg
02 image0395.jpg
03 image1342.jpg

10 image0375.jpg

Then upload them as Inline Image’s. They should be kept in order via the upload process. Then add your text around the images. It’s a lot easier to move text, than the images (trust me, I just learned this doing this post).

All the images you see here were uploaded and attached to this post. But no thumbnails!!!

Dick this was just an example of what can be done with a dedicate soft as the Photofiltre that can be download freely.
Now that the demonstration it is done I remove that picture that is too big .
Cheers
ClaudioD

Guzz – thank you so very much for consolidating my testing replies. Will leave for a few days (week) and then I will remove all but your very well done set of instructions.

Dick

It’s still a pain in the :devil3:

I just made the post nicer, with images :slight_smile:

Well done - and informative. Most should be able to follow without troubles.

Again, thanks for your efforts from all of us.

Dick