identical hulls

i’m going to attemp to make a catamaran with just a large mainsail this summer. but how can i make two identical hulls? i was going to make them from foam and than fibere glass and sand them, than just have the servos flush mounted on top of the hulls. how do i make two identical hulls though?

i love tinkering with these boats it takes up time i’m sure my girfreind is going to hate it soon

Try this -

photos might give you some ideas.

http://public.fotki.com/rcsailor/multione/

Move up to a One Meter size (39 inches) and it will fit into a class that is just getting strated. A bit easier to sail as they get bigger in size as well.

I agree with Dick: you should give serious consideration to making the model as large as your budget can stand. Small multihulls are extremely difficult to sail…

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

I’m thinking of building a multihull soon and was wondering what sort of foam is used to make the plug?

Look under the multiONE topic for the URL of the Forumla 48 Class website; go there and read the building section.
Building a multi can be done with balsa planks as well.
Carefull design and construction is very important in order to keep the weight within acceptable limits.
Are you going to go from a set of plans or design yourself?

Doug Lord

There my own desing using rhinoceros. Just a concept im playing with. Have you seen or heard of a flip tacker trimiran, with solid aerofoil sails. I was even thinking of experimenting with hydofoils on it too. being my first mulihull i might leave that till a bit later.

The flip tacker rig is where a wing is pivoted in the center on a relatively short mast ,am I right? Worth experimenting with.
But just as a suggestion for your first multi, consider putting a more or less conventional rig on the boat first to tune it up and so that you can learn some of the unique characteristics of small multihulls-then try the flip tacker…

edt:sp
Doug Lord

Where abouts in Australia are you? I am the secretary of the Qld r/c multihull’s. We as a club are quite willing to help new people to get started. Send me an e-mail if you like.
Peter