I.A.C.C. HULL LINES

I have heard on the grapevine that an italian website has several recent Americas Cup hulls available online. Does anyone out there know about this? I’ve searched every search engine I can think of and found nothing. Not even the mid 1990’s hulls. Or is the information I have incorrect? The reason I’m looking is so that I am considering building a 10 rater and would like to tranpose the lines onto my software program and see how the performance co-efficients and waterlines work out.

I am aware of the Vela site, however those lines are only the guys definition of the shapes of the hulls, not the real thing.
However in saying that the mysterious Italian site could be the same.

If anyone has any information I be be pleased to hear about it.

http://www.velarc.it/

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font color=“red”>----------------
<font size=“1”>My crap
</font id=“size1”>
----------------</font id=“red”>

Wis,
How DARE you class your Site as “crap”.
JayDee.[:(!]

I suspect it is just the Vela site. It’s hard to imagine the lines of any of the 2000 generation boats or newer being in the public domain yet.

Muzza

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by JayDee

Wis,
How DARE you class your Site as “crap”.
JayDee.[:(!]
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

I dont consider myself very serious, so… [:D]

-Wis (aka Laurent)

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font size=“1”>My crap
</font id=“size1”>
----------------</font id=“red”>

[:-banghead] [:-banghead] [:-banghead]

JayDee!!!

and I was once called the crap talker [:D]

better now?

-Wis (aka Laurent)

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font size=“1”>Wis’ Web Wasted Time
</font id=“size1”> ----------------</font id=“red”>

Wis,
OK now.[:D][:-angel][:D]
Jaydee.

i do know that nzl 60 and ita 45 are out there. I got my orginal drawings from a german site. so I know that some drawings are out there
cougar

long live the cup and cris dickson

All I can say, download the plans and build yourself a boat it’s great looking and it will most likely sail as it look’s.

//Zap

[:-propeller]

Thanks for the input guys.

I realise the current boats are highly unlikely to be available and the velarc site only has the guys definition of what the underwater lines are like (thats not propoer grammar, but you’ll probably get what I mean). does anyone know about the german site mentioned by cougar?

Hello TF,
the plans on my site have been drawn taking as a starting point the real lines of the boat (Il Moro) or a highly detailed set of lines drawn by a french designer using photogrammetric analysis (Luna Rossa),that are the plans Cougar is referring to. If you like i can mail them to you, together with NZL60’s ones. I cannot send you the original lines of Il Moro because i’m not allowed to distribute them. Anyway, my plans are adapted to allow proper sailing of the scaled down model, but trying to be as faithful as possible to the original.

Chicco /)

Federico Nardone
www.velarc.it

Chicco
Thanks for the offer. I would appreciate the line from NZL60. I was not aware that you had involved a french designer in your definitions. I hope that my remarks were not offensive, if so I apologise.

Looking forward to receiving your email.thanks again
Tony F

Hey TF,
don’t worry, i found nothing offensive at all in your posts [;)]. My english isn’t that good, i hope i didn’t sounded annoyed in my post (eheh, i should use more smilies [:-bouncy] …or learn english, of course…[:-glasses])

I will be happy to send you NZL60 lines; please send me an email as i couldn’t retrieve your email address on the board.

To be precise, i didn’t involved the french designer (Mr Francois Chevalier) in drawing my plans. I just used his linesplans (published in a french magazine) as a starting point for my plans of Luna Rossa.
Bye! [:D]

Chicco /)

Federico Nardone
www.velarc.it

this is fun isnt it. chicco what type of material did you use for your sails. my boat is ready for the rig and sails. the boat has seen water and no leaks
cougar
nzl 60 should be seen on your computers everywhere soon

The lines as printed in the French magazine were a naval architects approximation of the lines of NZL60 and Prada from the 2000 series.
Looking at the magazine and the many photos avalible I would say they are a of a fair degree of accuracy.
Of course you will never get to see the actual lines of these boats until another class is used in the AC or many years pass.