How about a "whats new" forum???

Hi all,
There seems to be a small rift among some members of the board. Some do not like to see advertising from manufacturers, others do.
Climate Models has a lot of new stuff this year, and we would love to show it off to you.
It would be nice to have a place to do it, without angering those that do not want to see it on the main boards.
We are also offering a lot of special deals and would love to run some just for members of this board. Without a place to do it, we can not offer anything to you.
We support lots of events to members of other boards and this one seems to be missing the boat.

No hype, just a place to let you all know what?s going on, and offer RC sailing members some hot deals.

We could even make it so that anyone posting in the forum had to be pre approved. This would keep out any undesirable items or at least limit them.

Open to any suggestions you may have.

Peter R.
www.climatemodels.com

Peter, as for me, go ahead…
your “advertising” (no offence)are always nice to hear about…and not annoying at all [;)]

Keep the GOOD work

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

_/ <font color=“red”>The “hostile” one </font id=“red”>[;)] _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Peter -

from my point of view (and posted many, many times) - it isn’t that I don’t like advertising, it is the fact Doug can’t seem to understand the meaning of the word “MODERATION” ![:-banghead]

For <u>ANY</u> legitimate company to post both new products that are available, as well as special discounts or sales would be fine with me - and with most (all) readers I would assume. Even a post of a new product idea not yet available would be warmly welcomed by many (dare I say all?)

With the exception of Doug and his Microsail offerings (?) - it is the ongoing and repetitive posts that threaten the forum. Chad provided a classified ad section which I used to sell multihull plans, and post information on a US Multihull builder. Doug - to my recall - NEVER used that section. Instead everything on foils, spinnakers, canting keels, and moveable ballast has been posted throught the entire forum ad nauseum! NO OTHER company has so abused the concept of a discussion forum (IMHO)

I recently posted a company that sells kite materials and fabrics in small quantities. It was posted specifically as information to some of the Aussie and Kiwi guys who could not find a source of Tyvek down there. It was a post for a commercial endeavor, and it was posted once (1 time). It won’t be posted again by me - and I think this is an example of a welcome commerical post. (Not my company either, by the way!)[:D]

Anyway - bring on your products, your sales and your new development ideas. Based on the manner and judicious posts you have made in the past, I would welcome them because you have the good taste to present what you sell and sell what you present.

You won’t get <u>ANY</u> criticism from my corner - and probably none from others who are critics of Doug’s posts - although I can’t speak for all of them!

Perhaps, after a period of time, even Doug Lord may become educated in how to present products and ideas, without creating the irritation of endless posts that he feels he now must make.

As always - just my opinion…

<font color=“red”>deleted by Mod (Wis)…Doug Lord was PMed</font id=“red”>

Peter: I also think everyone here would welcome straight forward announcements of product availability and price like the ones you are proposing.

Hi,
I have already emailed Peter, welcoming his Idea
we really need some good adverts.
John.

this is from a moderator
and a client of climateboatworks. so there is no misunderstaning here
i agree the companies pushing thier product is not a good thing. but not pushing them is also not a good thing
peter. i would suggest going into the pub. and posting as big as you can . what you are trying to promote. it could be epoch. or panache. the mods dont realy go into the pub and moderate there. we do watch for langauge and fowl behavior. but you can say what you want to there. and annouce. just like a bar. what you are selling. simple yet affective. this is how i would suggest it. you have never tried to shove something down our throats. so you have good creidt here . welcome
cougar
long live the cup

The facts are that 99% of my so-called advertising posts are not that at all but informational posts where I provide detailed descriptions of such rc sailing technologies as canting keels, hydrofoils,movable ballast ect.
I take my time to provide details of how these systems work and how they can (or can’t) be employed by the average or expert sailor/builder. The idea, of course, is to spark interest in these new technologies and to make them as accesible as possible to individuals without having to buy a ready to sail boat. I have never sold a single item based on any post of mine on this website but I have dealt with dozens of individuals interested in utilizing this stuff on their own: that’s not advertising that’s helping people!
I think Peter’s idea is a good one–allowing products offered by any manufacturer to be described in detail in a special section.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Peter
I have to agree with Dick Lemke. And also with your idea. A simple posting such as the sail fabric one is great. Rants and raves about some item is annoying (at least to me) I would like to see either a seperate section or even under a heading of New Products started. I would suggest the the topic area is moderated and that no one posts questions about a item listed. Private emails can be used for this. Also if the posting had a link to the web page would help a lot. And if a country location can be placed with the information.

I have seen posts where someone says “On John Does site there is information” For me starting out this is a pain in the _ _ _ to do a search and find his/her site. Seems I find a lot of dead ends doing searchs

Jeff
Alberta

Nothing in Peter’s idea (which I support) should be viewed as sanctioning more “information” posts like those that come from Doug Lord.

As a new/old supplier I hope and assume that this applies to me as well. I will post in the Pub as described.

Thanks in advance

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

The facts are that 99% of my so-called advertising posts are not that at all but informational posts where I provide detailed descriptions of such rc sailing technologies as canting keels, hydrofoils,movable ballast ect.
I take my time to provide details of how these systems work and how they can (or can’t) be employed by the average or expert sailor/builder. The idea, of course, is to spark interest in these new technologies and to make them as accesible as possible to individuals without having to buy a ready to sail boat. I have never sold a single item based on any post of mine on this website but I have dealt with dozens of individuals interested in utilizing this stuff on their own: that’s not advertising that’s helping people!
I think Peter’s idea is a good one–allowing products offered by any manufacturer to be described in detail in a special section.

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Doug,

As a Mod, I would like to say, that any infos about your products should be made in the Pub…I hope that a special section will be available soon.

But, I dont want to see your “advertising” everywhere on the forum! I hope its clear…if you do not follow this rule…your post about these “advertising” WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING!

Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

_/ <font color=“red”>The “hostile” one </font id=“red”>[;)] _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm