Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & Rx

As a Footy sailor, all I need is 2 channels. Using Spectrum DX5e/AR-500 until now and I have no complaints. One of our club members uses the Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & Rx combo and is happy with it. The price is certainly attractive. Any opinions welcome. Thanks.

i got the Hobby King 2.4Ghz 4Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 1) for my footy it hasn’t had any problems yet

but i did have some minor difficulty binding mostly due to having the rx batt in backwards

i DO NOT suggest getting a pistol grip pay a few dollars more to get good 4-6 Ch so if you need a tx with more channels for something else later you do not need to buy a new one

Hi:
Make no sense to use a grip 2 ch ìstol for sailboats, since you should be pushing the trigger all the time to keep the sails at certain position. While with a 4 channel radio and throttle rachet you just let the stick alone, wich means a more solid heading.

I strictly recomend the use of a switch between the rx and battery pack. I already know 6 sailors who burned out their rxs because of mistakes in connecting the rx directly…is just a fraction of a second and your rx is gone!!!

Tato Lazo

I used a pistol grip for years and it worked very well. You can remove the return spring for the sail channel so it holds it’s spot. I’m left handed so I put the rudder on the trigger finger and the sail on the wheel.(You righties could buy the left-handed one; turn-about for a change) This allowed me to operate the rudder with my index finger(more sensitive than a thumb) and the sails with my thumb. This left my other hand free to hold my coffee(or whatever). What finally convinced me to change was when I was having problems with my boat and none of the local pro’s could sail it to give me advise. If I was starting the whole R/C sailing thing from scratch I would have everyone use the pistol grip but much like sailing the same boat as the locals you probably should use the same type transmitter as the locals.
My dollars worth
Don