Hobby King 2.4Ghz 4Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 1)

two questions about the Hobby King 2.4Ghz 4Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 1)

1 is this a good tx/rx system?

2 is hobby king safe to buy from?

I ordered two Battery Detector LCD-6 items and they are both defective,out of the shipping box.I contacted Hobby King and they would not honor their warranty.It took a long time to receive the order.They are in Hong Kong.I will never order from them again.I would consider TowerHobbies.
For an RC sailboat radio you may consider a Robbe F-14 radio From www.shipsnthings.com or www.harbormodels.com.:graduate:
Regards,
John

To the contrary - I got mine (the 4 channel version) and have had no problems. In fact I purchased an extra receiver for one of my other boats at the same time. You may want to consider a Mode 2 instead of 1) it has the throttle on the left stick (with rachet) to set your sials, while the right stick, self-centering, is for rudder. (Mode 1 is just reversed) It did a bit of time to receive, but I was busy building during the wait, so was no big deal. Unfortunately, “Sunworksco” appears to have one out of the norm - but a Specktrum, it is not.

You may want to visit the RCGroups site as there were a few posts and discussion by a few who were early buyers when the product came out, and could give you a longer period of use report.

Dick