Hoarder`s of the world Unite!

[:-moptop] To be a true <font size=“3”><font color=“blue”>HOARDER</font id=“blue”></font id=“size3”> is to be a special type of person. [:-ouch]
That feeling of satisfaction and smugness that washes over you when you finally get to use that piece of treasure you had found on the road some many years earlier and stored away inspite of pressure from her indoors to “clean out all that junk” makes it all worth while. [:-mouse]
My recent interest in Land Yachts has seen many such feelings recently as unlike “water yachts” their construction seems to involve much more ENGINEERING especially using alloy, stainless steel and plastic treasures which I had been “minding” for some time.[:-sick]
We are the savers of the world, or motto should be " PUT IT IN A DRAWER, IT WILL COME IN HANDY’
Hoarder`s of the world untie I mean unite.[:-yuck]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

Ian,
I know that feeling…I keep a lot!

-Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://www.geocities.jp/schocklm/index.htm

One shelf of bubble pack plastic pieces, 3 shelves scrap wood, 2 shelves of aluminum, brass, steel, and magnesium. All rafter space above workshop - tubing, pipe, flat stock, wood mast stock, aluminum storm door and window pieces. Three drawer units with screws nuts and misc. hardware taken from “assemble it yourself” furniture and disassembly of small appliances and small electronic devices. My wife will not allow any more unsupervised visits to the hardware store untill the piles are removed, is there a 12 step program available? Clyde

There is a member of our club that easily puts all so called “hoarders” to shame. Hal Robinson (and I mean this as a sincere compliment) has taken hoarding to point of an art!

Hal is a machinest by trade, hobbiest by sense of adventure, and physisit and scientist out of a sense of curiosity and wonder of how and why things work. He can build or make just about anything in my oppinion. Over the years, he has collected and kept everything that he has come across that “might have use.” It is then meticulously stored in the proper location such that he can find it when he needs it. YOU NAME IT, Hal has it. Next time im over at his place, I might ask if I can take a “photo tour” of his place, as I am sure your jaws will drop.

My hats off to Hal as he has the house that we all envy and like to go to when working on boats. Dream it up, and build it that day, cause hal has the parts on hand!

~tb

geez and I thought my dad was alone…guess no…they should meet [;)]

-Wis

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://www.geocities.jp/schocklm/index.htm

why is hoarder a bad word.
some day IT just might come in handy. i was help a friend with his submarine. and he wanted a working anchor. i thought simple. just use a winch. but the problem was the drum was too small. i natural though. i must have something at home. , we whent back to my place and what would you know. i did have something. the big screendoor. they have rollors on them. and i had kept a couple. and they work fine. big grove. and made of plastic. and he now has a working anchor on his gato.
so you see being a hoarder. this meens you are looking at the future. and can help others
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

Hoarder!
Well, there are all sorts of hoarders. One of the more delicate one can find on the site:
www.townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/printma20041126.shtml
Regards,
Booster