Help with radio transmiter

I did a very stupid thing yesterday and that was put my batteries in backwards in my Ranger 2n radio. Not realizing what I had done when I turned it on there was a small popping sound then a smell of electical melting. When I realized the problem I put my batteries in the right way and the charge and full lights both came on. Can this problem be fixed or am I on the hook for a new radio (this one maybe has been used 6 times). please help


Open up the case and see if it has a fuse and if you blew it. I have an old ranger 1998 vintage in the closet, and I think it has a fuse (need to dig it up to be sure.). If it doesn?t have a fuse, I would call Hitec customer support, and see what they say.