Hatch Cover Alternative Sources

I have tried foam insulation tape, and it deforms too much. An alternative was offered, or illustrated, some time ago, with three screws. Is that currently available for purchase somewhere?

A better one that slides in and out is available from Rob Fresh, Wichita, KS freshwind1@att.net.
Mike

Alan,
I think the cover you are thinking of is pictured below. If I am sorry to report the fellow that was making them is no longer doing so. I purchased a couple of them from him over the years, but sadely he no longer answers his e-mails.
They were truley works of art.
I have some pictures of a number of different hatches I have collected from various posts over the years. If you have any interest in seeing them, let me know and I will post pictures or send them to you via email.

Boomer

I have purchased a hatch kit from Fresh Seawind Upgrades, freshwind1@att.net, for $20. This is a Lexan hatch plate, three guides, and a tubular gasket. The guides are glued to front and sides of hatch area. The gasket is glued around the opening, The plate slides through the guides, over the gasket. I use Silicone Lubricant Oil on the gasket each time I sail. This ensures a waterproof seal. I cut down the height of the guides so that the plate compresses the gasket. I have to push down the front of the plate for it to enter the front guide. When all is tight, there are no leaks.

Hi Alan;

Any pictures by any chance? I too am looking for an alternative hatch cover.

Cheers;
Eric

Go to website, wichitarcsailing.org That is the Air Capital Model Sailing Club. Go to, For Sale, and see the hatch cover, with photo.

I use this, and it works great.

Alan

Thanks Alan… I got the same one you did from Rob Fresh and am very pleased with it.

Cheers;
Eric