Friendship Sloop Racing

Is anyone else out there interested in model Friendship Sloop races? My plan for the spring is 36" lod glass hulls to be finished by the owners and raced in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Two or three locals have expressed interest in manufacturing a one design hull, probabaly to Dictator’s lines (31’ lod, 1904 sloop by Robert McClain, 20 fiberglass hulls by Jarvis Newman in the seventies and eighties)
Anyone out there interested?

Sure sounds tremendous-wish you the best of luck and hope you’ll post more about it as you can.
UPDATE: Shane in thinking about this it seems to me that I’ve heard of some guys that have built and are racing these boats somewhere in New England already. You might contact Earl Boebert of the Vintage Model Yacht Group to ask him. They are listed at amya.org and Earl is a member here so you could look up his e-mail or PM him…
Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

A local New England guy was making hulls and had a beautiful boat at Mystic 2002. I don’t know his name -can somebody help me out here?

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Graeme, Wind in the Willows.

Count me in too! wish I lived in maine. I’d definitely Buy a hull anyway.
Nice to have something to sail that is gentle to the eyes.