French 2005 Marblehead championship

The July issue of Modele Reduit de Bateau reports, on page 56, on the French M-boat championship, which was held on the weekend of May 15.

The race was held in the Poiteau-Charente region (an Atlantic department, and a very long way from Paris). Yet the turnout was good: 64 Marbleheads raced.

Maybe somebody should tell the French that Marbleheads are supposed to be over.

The boats are quite interesting. The winner (and therefore champion) was R?mis Br?s, who sailed a modified Margo. Second was Christophe Boisnault with a just completed Rocketeer.

The highest placed Skalpel was 9th, but Boisnault’s second place Rocketeer is fitted with a Skalpel wing mast and radial jib (but no wing-on-wing clockwork),

The French appear to have gone over to carbon hulls completely. In a photo taken across the fleet at a start you can see nothing but long low black silouhettes of their carbon hulls – speeding along – no Kevlar at all.

Regards, mcg

How about some pics, or a link perhaps ?

If you think it can’t be done, Move over and let those who are doing it show you the way…

http://www.mrb-magazine.com/pages/ca_sommaire/sommaire_det.php?id_numero=500

This is tiny, but the fourth photo from the top is lifted from the article about the championship.

Well MCQ. I was quite mystified about your statement that ‘Marbleheads were over’. For I have not heard it from anyone around my neck of the woods. Occasionally a class will have a breather and then get back into it. Maybe this is what Ms were doing around where you are? In my area Sydney, Australia we have increased our Marblehead population and now have 3 clubs, where only one year ago we had one.

I think the classes in someways have rationlized to some extent. With the big fleets that some classes were experiencing, came (in fact), less number of races in these regattas. This situation could not continue. for our hobby is about wetting boats , not sitting around waiting.

The marblehead is a handy size and will fit in ALL motor cars , just like a IOM.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>
The marblehead is a handy size and will fit in ALL motor cars , just like a IOM.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

not so sure about that one, especially the rig [;)]

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
<font color=“red”>------------------
<font size=“1”>Wis’ Web Wasted Site
</font id=“size1”> ------------------</font id=“red”>

“ALL” motorcars? I think that’s going a little too far. I promise you it won’t fit into my Viper or a Porsche or a Corvette…

Roy , I don’t know about the common type of sports cars but they will just fit in a Lambo. Thought I made a destinction between “Motor” cars and sports cars? And there is a space between the seats in a Porsche and the back window? While we are on the subject I think a Marblehead fits into a Ferrari as well.

It certainly fits my Lantra Sports.

the hull yes, the rig, no way!..or maybe the lambo “jeep”

-Wis (aka Laurent)

<font size=“1”>_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _</font id=“size1”>

Seawind
MicroMagic #JPN 01
IOM (building process)
<font color=“red”>------------------
<font size=“1”>Wis’ Web Wasted Site
</font id=“size1”> ------------------</font id=“red”>

You can always GAFFA tape the rig to the soft top [:-jump2]

If you think it can’t be done, Move over and let those who are doing it show you the way…