Forum Updates the next few days! 5-1-2008

The next few days I will be upgrading and backing up the forum.
New features coming:

• Inline spam management & prevention
  • Thread tagging
  • Search cloud / tag cloud
  • Thread prefixes
  • Reciprocal friendships between users
  • Public visitor messaging on profile pages with ‘conversation’ feature
  • User picture galleries with user comment facility
  • User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
  • Extended member profile pages
  • Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
  • Inline editing of custom user profile fields
  • Lightbox viewer for attached images
  • Viewable and comparable history maintained for post edits
  • Extended re-authentication for inline moderation actions
  • Notices system for navigation bar
  • Multiple human-verification systems including reCAPTCHA, image verification and Q/A
  • User change history
  • Social bookmarking integration

Hi Chad -

these all sound great, but as always – give us more and we want even more ! :wink:

I know it takes server space, but is there any thought to allowing the posting of larger PDF files with line drawings, etc. of various boat design/plans? The current file size limit really seems small for the size of some of these files. If expanding at least the PDF file size it would be a benefit in sharing line/design information. Currently ( for me) the photo attached file size is fine, but in trying to share a PDF file, I found a couple of instances where I was frustrated by the allowable file size. Even zipped a file size limit of 97 or the raw PDF file of 19.5 just seems really small.

There are just so few creative ways to post info sometimes.

Just a thought.

Dick

Chad…My overuse of this forum has lead me to being at the limit of my attachment space.
I cannot post a pic without deleting one form a previous thread.Seems a shame to detroy the images in old threads when posting new information.

Brett-

That’s interesting - as I’ve done my share of photo posts but not run into that. I do resize photos to be less that 6" x 4" - but only photos I seem to find missing are older forum archives.

Are you speaking of forum posts, or within a blog?

That shouldnt be happening… I will look into this. This is for the forum right?

know it takes server space, but is there any thought to allowing the posting of larger PDF files with line drawings, etc. of various boat design/plans? The current file size limit really seems small for the size of some of these files. If expanding at least the PDF file size it would be a benefit in sharing line/design information. Currently ( for me) the photo attached file size is fine, but in trying to share a PDF file, I found a couple of instances where I was frustrated by the allowable file size. Even zipped a file size limit of 97 or the raw PDF file of 19.5 just seems really small.

Yeah that was really small… Sorry about that I updated the numbers to support approx 2 mb now. (Accidentally left out a few zeros). Thank you for letting me know. I may be able to even bump it up further.

Note to all who view… If you are having an issue with posting something dont be afraid to ask for help. :slight_smile: I usually try to check my PMs at least once a week. (most of the time everyday)

Yes forum attachments,I have 946.5kb stored in 41 images,the limit appears to be 1000kb

Updates have been completed. Let me know if there are any issues.

Found the problem on the upload picture limit. I found a quota in the footy membership usergroup… Turned it off. Should be able to upload all you need.