Formula 48 Multihull Class - builder

The previous post was removed by the author since it doesn’t refelect an official position of the Formula 48 Class Owners Association.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or confusion.

Please contact the Formula 48 Class Owners Association for more information at:

Formula48@Esmartweb.com

It’s great to hear Ian has things rolling. Looks like a great boat to start a trend toward multis. Anyone seen any pictures of the Nightmare on the water? I’ve seen a few of it on land, but it would be cool to see it flying around on the water.

Can anybody steer me to the contact info for Ian? I have been very interested in a multihull for several years now but can’t afford a kit from Microsail (No Insult intended)

I am more of a do it yourself kind of guy and am just looking to buy hulls or maybe a full kit if it is affordable. Thanks guys–Rob

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by Seawolf

Can anybody steer me to the contact info for Ian? I have been very interested in a multihull for several years now but can’t afford a kit from Microsail (No Insult intended)

I am more of a do it yourself kind of guy and am just looking to buy hulls or maybe a full kit if it is affordable. Thanks guys–Rob
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

The Informations right on rcsailing.net… must have missed it… Anyhow heres the link directly to the contact information and pricing.
http://www.rcsailing.net/articles/Articles_Main.asp?ArticleID=93
Hope this helps,
Chad

Some additional info: the microSAIL! X3 Sport is 100% ready to sail including radio, batteries ,chargers winches and servos and utilizes the reefable Wing Tip Rig so that purchasing multipe rigs is not necessary. The boat also come’s standard with a rudder T-foil. Our QuickTract instantly retracting foil system can be added at any time as can a relatively inexpensive movable ballast system that is under development. The first two X3 foilers will be delivered within the next month or so and pictures will then be posted on the website.
UPDATE-11/17/03- I discovered when doing the layout on this boat that the cross arm ,mast and daggerboard positions on the Sport version would have to be sustantially different than on the X3 and that therefore foils would not easily be able to be added later. As well, if nothing was changed, when the wind blew the Sport would not perform well. So ,for now no Sport. This update was made earlier elsewhere but I missed this post.
Doug Lord
microsail.com
monofoiler.com
High Technology Sailing/Racing

Hi Doug
arghh…and i was hoping to get a sport and upgrading it later…damn…i need to save more…but thanks for the info…better saying it wont work, so at least i (we) know about it…maybe in a few month(sss) i ll email you and ask some more info about the X3 WITH foils…as for now…saving money…i am still watching the video about the F3 almost everyday[:D]

again thx for the info

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!