FOOTY WORLD CUP 2012 - Sestriere , Italy , 21 / 22 July

Just a quick correction, the dinner gala is scheduled on Saturday 21 (friday is the 20th)

bye
Gianluca
www.footygoldcup.org

Less than one month is missing, and - most probably - a lot of persons around europe are working hard until late night giving last touches to their new models.

Even if we have not yet received official statements about competitor’s new projects of this footy event we can post here photos of several well known boats :

ICE will be , most probably, the “boat to beat”.
Design masterpiece of the great model yacht designer Roger Stollery, wonderful example of carbon fiber workmanship, unbelivable fast and responsive.

URCA footy, designed and build by space engineer Claudio Vigada, considered to be among italian fastest footies will also enter the game

We don’t have details about the new boat of Gary Sanderson, but we are sure that he will be - as usual - a very competitive skipper ( as well a very fair and friendly one )

Our friend from sweden, Animor, most probably will - once again - use his Moonshadow ( designed by the late Angus “the ogre” )

Roberto Broccoletti is working hard to fine tune his “defender” , currently defending the Italian Footy Cup

Other italian teams are doing their best fine tuning their boats , see here the “borghi’s fleet”

My own Presto will be reflagged as GBR 21, and will be steered by skilled thumbs of Andrew Halstead

ITA 21 - Presto MK II - Flavio Faloci - Genova .JPG

Unfortunately Bill Hagerup and Marcus Whalin with their ranger and Breithorn will not be able to join the footy circus.

There are several rumours of catamarans and trimarans currently being tested as “radical footy” examples.

Stay tuned

Flavio

Flavio

Hello footy skippers.

As the Footy Gold Cup is approaching fast, we are working hard to make it a great event.

Here the list of the skippers that have, in one way or another, confirmed their presence.

• Gianluca Montecchi (ITA)
  • Flavio Faloci (ITA)
  • Roberto Broccoletti (ITA)
  • Claudio Vigada(ITA)
  • Thomas Grimm(GER)
  • Camillo Giammarco (ITA)
  • Francesco Giammarco (ITA)
  • Marco Borghi (ITA)
  • Alex Siviero (ITA)
  • Livio Rovaretto (ITA)
  • Scott Wallis (GBR)
  • Jorge Camilo (POR)
  • Gary Sanderson (GBR)
  • Erik Jankovic (SLO)
  • Stanislav Jankovic (SLO)
  • Animor Dobrovich (SWE)
  • Giovanna Bulla (ITA)
  • Hippolyte Bessiere (FRA)
  • Jean-Francois Bessiere (FRA)
  • Dieter Schmitz (SUI)
  • Phil Tyler (SUI)
  • Andrew Haldstead (GBR)
  • Rob Vice (GBR)
  • Hayley Vice (GBR)
  • CJ Vice (GBR)
  • Bruno Tamburini (ITA)

This make for a total, unless last-minute cancellations, of 26 skippers.

We would like to remind that every boat must have the sail number (with the nation) clearly visible on the mainsail.

In the coming days, we will provide all the necessary information about the race format and the information we need to have for the insurance.

bye
Gianluca
www.footygoldcup.org

Hello Gianluca, Flavio and team.

The Vice clan are all looking forward to seeing everyone at the Gold cup next week.
It was nice to read your post of June 25th. I can confirm that the vICE boats are not much changed from Poland or Konstanz they have had new servos and 2.4Ghz radio, sealed a few small leaks and polished them up, that is all !
I have downloaded the registration forms and filled them in to speed up registration, we are driving through the night and expect to arrive early on Saturday morning so the quicker I can register all 3 boats the better :slight_smile:
The weather forcast for Torino looks like a rainy weekend with a light westerly wind, but I’m sure we will all be having fun anyway…
Rob.

Thank you to Gianluca and Flavio for hosting a wonderful event, the racing was really good, the location simply stunning and the Italian hospitality was a welcoming as the food and wine! to all those who were at the race I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, to those who were not there, you missed a great race and I encourage anyone to attend the next Gold cup race, where ever that may be…
If you are intersted in the race results, well modesty stops me for declaring the winner and I encourage you to check out the scores and photos which will soon be published on the footy gold cup website at www.footygoldcup.org.
Rob Ice GBR41

a bit too tired to write a full report today,

but this single picture is better than thousand of words

seven different nations shown on sail registration numbers : SWE, GBR, ITA, SLO, FRA, GER, SUI

more picture about people and boats on future posts

flavio

Many Thanks!

Warm Thanks to Flavio and the entire organising team who made this an event of quality racing and extended fun.

The place was superb, and we made new friends, and came away with new ideas for beating Ices and Vices fairly

Thank you,
andrew

RANDOM ORDER…

gary sanderson - gbr -

stanislav jankovich - slowenia -

phil tyler - switzerland

marco borghi - italy -

livio rovaretto italy

jean francois bessiere - france -

hyppolite bessiere - france

gianluca montecchi - italy -

erik jankovich - slowenia -

claudio vigada - italy -

thomas grimm - germany -

I envy all of you for having what was obviously a great time. Sigh…miss you all.

Bill

Hello,

I just published on the www.FootyGoldCup.org site the complete results, both on-line that and as downloadable Excel File.

bye
Gianluca
www.FootyGoldCup.org

bill … this is “our” USA 427 - Vulcan - in sestriere

Bill,
We would have been delighted to see you there in the flesh, so to speak, and add another language to the polyglot poolside (American)

However your designs were campaigned well by several skippers including Animor and Scott and thrust well towards the front of the fleet

a reverdici

andrew

Thanks, Flavio, for representing me in spirit with your beautiful Vulcan. I know you worked long hours to finish her in time for the race.

Makes me feel good to see 427 there.

Bill

Hello Footy skippers

I have started to put the photos I took of the GoldCup weekend onto the web for you to share

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii536/Goldcupfooty/
password is
goldcup
I will add more and label them when time permits

A start

ALL CLEAR!
Thanks again
andrew

Dear friends,

I am happy to inform you that not less than 17 ( seventeen ) videos about the event are now on youtube

starts, arrivals, and a pair of full races as well other funny actvities have been covered

Enjoy them

Flavio

search for footygoldcup2012

or follow the link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLqHwx8HhfU&feature=BFa&list=LLI8aT6mZCbV3Gavabke8uPA

Nice turnout, nice local, well done, a success and hopefully a model for future large Footy regattas.

The videos are lacking though. Starts and buoy roundings, focus on one section of each race isn’t very informative. And the coverage of complete races seem to focus on the sloop’s race, not on the race leaders. It is a pretty boat and all but it stayed in the middle of the pack at best. You don’t watch a horse race for the also-rans. Too bad.

Niel,

I agree with you that these videos are mainly centered on my own Presto.
I asked a pretty blond blueyed girl to do exactly that.

But - at same time - I can reassure you that we also have recruited a smart person ( Mrs Mariella Guzzoni ) to carry out an “almost” professional video and photo reporting of the event.

Pictures will be relased during next days, and she is currently working on videos editing ( for free … thank you Mariella ! )

Meantime please enjoy this long (more than half hour ) video courtesy of swedish team

www.youtube.com/user/TesslaK/feed

TesslaK is Animor’s cat :slight_smile:

Stay tuned

Flavio

ps : see below funny photos of the race committee

Hello,

in the page Footy Gold Cup 2012 photos and video you can find some other (about 400) photos of the event, also with the prizegiving ceremony. There is also a link with the original audio

( thank you mariella ! :slight_smile: )

Flavio

I’m sorry to give the sad new that our friend Marco Borghi died prematurely at the age of only 45 years

Marco was one of the most important people in the growth of class footy in Italy, was the organizer of the cup footy Italy, and was - of course - one of the members of the organizing committee of the footy gold cup of Sestriere.
His boats were registered as ITA 27 in tribute to the famous Ferrari Canadian pilot Gilles Villeneuve

Oriana, his girlfriend, to honor his memory has distributed between modeller friends leftovers of his modeling activity (sailcloths, electronics parts, carbon fiber etc.)
In the next future parts of Marco’s boats will sail again as part of our new footies

hello Marco , you will be missed

Flavio for the italian footy tribe