First Post!

Nice idea Chad! Ok then, whos buying the first round, mines a Bud![:D]

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Great idea; make mine a rum and coke: now lets discuss the first America’s Cup you bloody Anglander!
How could you let that happen!
Happy New Year! Can you hear the Thunder?

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

The first Americas cup? The only reason you won was cos’ America cut the corner! Now im gonna get jumped on…

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Boy, now I’ve heard everything! I wondered how you guys kept your national pride all these years; I figured there had to some “inside” UK spin to the whole story(HA)…But how will you explain losing the first International Offshore RC Challenge Trophy?

Doug Lord

I wont have to, you’ll have an easy excuse though; “I lost 'cos my telescopic mast jammed due to it bending/getting salty/having a seagull sh** on it!” I’ll beleive it when i see it. [;)]

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

St on it? Didn’t I mention the “C” sensor on the mast tip: when anything approaches from above whirling blades deploy scattering the cp as far as the eye can see(and/or onto whatever may be in close proximty). Has received the Firms(see NO Class under New Classes) coveted “Seal of Disdain” !!!

Doug Lord

Hey, look: its one of those NO Class Dudes from the Firm; oh well, must be crying in his beer after being passed over by so much new technology. How about a Moth Nationals on foils!! Be enough to scare the hell out of any techno phobe…

Doug Lord

now it is my turn to wiegh in here. yes the americans won the cup. but now we have to worry about wind speed and waves. have any one ever heard of the international fisherman trophy? it was raced by schooner in the 20s and 30s. hmmmmmmmmmmm it seemd that the britsh cousins. the canadians won it. I think it was the bluenose. yes and we did not have to worry about wind over 15 knt and waves over 10 feet. must be canadaian build tougher boats?
cougar

The first cup was round the Isle of Wight. Trust me, the waves round the Needles get bloody steep and nasty! And anyway, the first cup boats had to sail to the race course from their club, which to the brits meant an atlantic crossing, so the British boats were always heaveyer than the locals, its no wonder you kept it so long!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

lol. yes and sir thomas lipton almost took it away in 1933 with rainbow. Matt what happend? did you guys need a kiwi to run the boat?
cougar

now this is a way to run a room and have some fun. there is no back stabbing just fun name calling like at my local pub. and p.s. when is somebody going to build a schooner that could beat bluenose?
the americans could not. and the brits where smart enough not to try
cougar

Cougar, Mari Cha perhaps the worlds fastest monohull is a schooner…

Doug Lord

has she ever gone up against the grand old lady that is the bluenose? doug hmmmmmm. to the best of my knowledge bluenose has never been beaten (exepct by theabald) and that race was rigged