F100 CBTF Plans Information

Plans for our new F100 will be available in a year or so.I had initially thought it would be a good idea to offer plans immediately; I have been talked out of that idea. Plans will be available AFTER we have got the first few boats delivered and sailing; that way we can work out any problems that occur in development and insure that the future builder can proceed with the least hassle.
The design of the new F100CBTF by Graham Bantock will only be available thru microSail! This boat is designed to be the fastest one meter monohull on the planet and no expense has been spared in the extensive design work put into this boat.Each plans set will include the target polars of the boat determined with Graham Bantock’s proprietary model yacht VPP. Purchase of the plans will include technical assistance as well as a subscription to our e-mail updates reporting on progress, problems, ideas and racing results with the new F100 CBTF. Our after sale technical backup will be second to none.

Doug Lord
microsail.com
monofoiler.com
High technology Sailing

I was wondering how many people are building F-100’s. Also how many orders have been placed. Is the F-100 site shut down? Is there somewhere else to get the rules?

Hoj, the rules are published on the microsail.com site . My guesstimate is that there are around 8 people still involved with their F100 projects. Six of the new boats have been presold wth several more potential customers awaiting pix of the boat.
I’ll check on the F100 site I can’t believe it could be down…

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Doug,
just for info, the site about the F100 is down!
i mean this one: http://www.formula100.org

Wis

if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Wis ,Hoj: I’ve written to my friend Guillaume in France to ask him about the site ; I’ll relay what he says. I’ll put up a site if that one is permaently down. Merry Christmas!

Doug Lord

Is the only restriction of the sails the mast height and keeping inside boat length.

That is the only restriction on sails; spinnakers are allowed as long as they retract completely.Beam is not restricted for movable ballast or the canting keel: the boat is measured with everything centered.

Doug Lord

the f100 looks intresting. doug can you get me anypicture of the inside?
cougar

Cougar, you can followthe progress of the F100 CBTF under the topic"CBTF selected".; as of today I have not started thetooling since I’m in the last stages of delivering two America Ones to Europe and one Spinnaker 50to Louisiana.
But John Beavis has posted pictures here under Technology and in the photo gallery of his “F100CKTF” -contsruction photo’s that show much detail.

Doug Lord

Cougar - hopefully you followed over from the MOTH CLASS DISCUSSION, and here is that photo of the Toronto F-100 prototype that was built. Photo is from back in April so I can’t tell if it has undergone more development or not.

Owned and built by Magnus Clarke - this was originally posted on WindPower. Magnus is part of a group of 8-10 guys who are into 1 Meter and MultiONE development. Not sure if they are members of any local clubs.

I will send you a Personal Message with his email address in case you want to get into contact with them.

Download Attachment: [ CanadianF-100.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/dick lemke/200417113324_CanadianF-100.jpg)
61.77KB

Definitely looks to be an IOM rig and suit of sails. Sure it’s an F100?
Maybe just testing it with an IOM rig.

The hull is an F100 for sure but the rig is not. The F100CBTF standard rig is larger with peaked up square top jib and peaked up squaretop main…

Doug Lord

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by greg V

Maybe just testing it with an IOM rig.

<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Yes Greg - IOM rig during testing. This is the one that ran agound and pitchpoled and which then received all the negative press on WindPower back in April 2003 regarding relative stability ! Also the same one that had “KENNY of South Park” as skipper ! [:D]

It has been nearly a year since that photo, and I haven’t heard of anything since then. But - I’m also first to admit the concept of the F-100 class doesn’t get me too excited at this point in time. Since the hull is carbon, it isn’t legal for the IOM Class - so he may be waiting to see if anything develops with the F-100 class here in the U.S. before proceeding. Not much sense tying up a bunch of money expecting a class to materialize. I think many are just sitting back waiting to see what the Bantock design will do/look like, see what the costs are, and how many are willing to play in this new class. I’m sure if some of the better sailors make the move, it will tempt others to follow - otherwise, if there is reluctance on the part of good sailors to try out the class, there will be fewer followers - other than those who do so for the sake of the new technology.

The key may be to see if performance on the water for Graham’s design follows the predictions - and weigh that against the additional cost/complexity. Just my feelings, of course.

yep dick i found it.
but it sure looks wierd. i know the pond they are sailing in, if anybody is intrested it is call humber bay park. the water you see in the distance in lake ontario.
cougar