Experimental Footy Brigantine

I finally have a Video of Bounty :slight_smile:
Winds 270/10G15 sailing at our pond in klatovy (axis 300°/120°). Sailed with all sails set, i moved teh keel a bit further forward and she is sailing great! She needs a bit of weather helm when sailing close hauled but she is lighning quick in stays :slight_smile: I had a bit of troubles with:
A) Outer Jib sheet catching the fore course clew on the stbd side.
B) below decks spanker sheet fairlead catching teh main braces, causeing the main and mizzen yards to get stuck at the squared position sometimes… that caused a few missed stays. But when you catch teh wind right she´s tearng a long at a good rate teh video is original speed! She was a bit overpowered in gusts with all sails set, and probably i should have struck teh Tgallants’ls but oh well she looks great with her lee rail in the water and teh bow wave almost coming over the bows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-gEWwSXMg

cheers
a very happy MB

MB,

Congratulations with this great ship!

I am now confident on my own plans:
a Footy sized Marieje
I have build a 1 to 100 model first. You can see my results on that on the Marieje site (follow: over de Marieje - hobby).
Now I am working on a 1 to 20 model, which has to sail.
But, I am a novice in model sailing, so I am using Footys now as my guinea-pig. I have build a Flatfoot/Papaya (described here) which was not such a succes.
Now I have build a Razor and she sails!
With this Razor I try to learn some model sailing.
When I am a little bit more experienced in that, I am going to build my mini-Marieje.

When I have reached that point, I will post my experiences here an I am hoping for some feed back from all the experts here on this forum.

Good luck and happy sailing!

Regards from Holland,

Wim

Hello Wim !

at 1:20 she won`t be all that small at all :wink: i just measured teh 1:100 model and when you enlarge that to 1:20 you will get 90cm long and 25cm breadth quite a boat :slight_smile:
at 1:50 scale she should be just over footy length at 360mm and still a manageable 10cm in breadth… thanks for teh lings to the plans i have saved them to my drive for a possible future build!

let us know when you get at it !

Ahoy!
Congratulations on a brilliant and pioneering work!
I love the scale and semiscale under sail - I hope that soon we will be fully legal in the footy class .
Only successful flights and the rate of water under the keel! :wink:
iPD

Thanks MB,

Hope you enjoy the Marieje plans.
If you need any info, there is a (Dutch) build log on the Dutch Modelbuilding forum

You are quite accurate with your estimated lengths. Hull length is 87cm. Including the bowsprit it is up to 137cm!

Hull of the 1 to 20 model is water tight. Now I have to think on how to handle the lines to the sails.
Having some experience in model sailing will help, so I want to finish the Footy sized Marieje first. I also have an indication on gravity points as well than. Handy to know, as her larger sister will get a keel with extra lead as well.

Keep you all informed.

Regards from Holland,

Wim