Ever "sailed" an Artesania Latina "Hellen"--Help!

Hi. I’ve just purchased an Artesania Latina “Hellen” trawler kit and will be outfitting it with remote control. I will of course have both rudder and motor (via an ESC) controls–but I was tinkering with the idea of including SAIL control. Has anyone out there had experience doing this?? I’ve got the usual questions like, is there enough room for an additional sail servo, can the booms travel enough, are the mast, boom and boom attachment point durable enough? If I can figure out how to do it or even if it’s feasable, I will try to start a new thread about it (assuming there is enough interest). For now, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi chicca

I think maybe mr. jay dee can help you. If you consult at the New classes forum/ scale sail you can see his boat. I think he made it from a boat kit, similar at yours, but i don’t know for sure.

good luck
[^]

OLE!

Chicca,
My Schooner was built from plans which I enlarged from a book about Schooners, it is not a kit, it was " scratch built".
I think the best thing to do is find a Boat Club and take your model and show it to the Members, who I am sure will be able to help you.
You will also be able to look at and take notes, or photos, of the parts of their boats that are similar to the ones you need to modify on your boat.
Nothing beats talking to fellow modellers, about models, most people are only too happy to help.
Try it, I am sure it will help, you need to join a Club anyway!!.
John.

Hi sailors!

Chicca, you may put in contact with a french man, named Michel (i think so), at www.ulmo.net , he’s a great modeler (really good on wood [:-drool]) and i guess he could help you… look at this from his site

Download Attachment: autun-2003-aout-045.jpg
30.01KB

P.D. Hey, JayDee, it looks very similar than yours, isn’t it? (both are beautiful indeed)[:-captain]

Aaaallways look on theee briiiight siiiide of liifeeeee

Jose,
Thanks for the compliment!, I love sailing Scale Boats, you can dream about sailing on warm blue waters, then realise you are in England - -and its raining!!.
Still very nice to do, even in the rain. John.