Esterel footy

before bonding the underwater part!
ClaudioD

This morning sanding operation for hull bottom ! Was not very hard !
Comparison with Azzurra of 15 years ago …
ClaudioD

The hull in the above pictures …is that the D-footy ? looks more like Dragon or J-Class ! …you bin making other hulls in your sleep again CD !:sleepy:

I think is the proper footy, just the area below the water line…

Not anymore :slight_smile:

If you download the current version, 2.0.1, from https://bulbcalculator.wordpress.com/download/, the lower limit is now 100 gr.
(it has also some other features).

The program use the same math engine of the original bulbcalculator from Marko, since he passed to me the original source code.

There are still some things to do anyway, but I think is usable.

bye
Gianluca

Thanks Gianluca,
I will see if suit my needs without adding complications.
Always reluctant to use new softs if I’m happy with the one I use.
Typical example CorelDraw version 5 since 1994, for all my drawings that apparently are well appreciated .
ClaudioD

PS :
Downloaded ! I use Windows XP.

First I did not found the icon to place on desktop.

The fly windows are not very attractive also because of different sizes as well the 3D function because cannot be printed directly unless with the use of the Print function from the dashboard as done here :
The function “tile” truncate the “bulb calculation” window therefore it is necessary to modify the size to get the full visibility.
Personally I prefer the original Bulb Calculator issue with the pop-up windows .
It is always nice to see the bulb drawing at a larger scale.
Indeed, for my personal taste, the only useful option is the weight range widen to 100g and this is reason to keep this soft.
Thanks Gianluca for having indicated it.
Cheers
ClaudioD

Some progress, still missing the forward part of the deck…

and what is supposed to be at the end …

ClaudioD

This was intentional. I make the program usable without the necessity to install it, like the old bulbcalculator

as well the 3D function because cannot be printed directly unless with the use of the Print function from the dashboard as done here :

You are the first that ask for the 3d view to be printed :wink:
I will look what I can do.

The function “tile” truncate the “bulb calculation” window therefore it is necessary to modify the size to get the full visibility.

This was inevitable since when you “tile” the windows, the underlying system resize them to fit all in the disponible space.

Personally I prefer the original Bulb Calculator issue with the pop-up windows .
It is always nice to see the bulb drawing at a larger scale.

You can always maximize a window. Now that I think about it, perhaps can be a good idea to add something like a shortcut to the different windows. I will see.

bye
Gianluca

Thank you Gianluca.
I do have the icon for the BulbCalculator issue 1.3 on desk top, so why not for the issue 2.01 then ?
Actually I have taken the ‘plurima’ icon and modified with another one available from Windows and shifted to the desk top.
A dedicated Icon will be much better anyhow.
For the print I have already shown above that it is possible with the “print screen” function.
Cheers
ClaudioD

As far as I remember, bulbcalculator does not need the installation. You can always have a shortcut on the desktop.

Anyway now that I have some time to look at it, it seems that I nearly forgot to have also made the installer. It seems that I forget to create the desktop shortcut. Thanks to report it. If you have any other problems, you can report it on https://github.com/mgian/bulbcalculator/issues

For the print I have already shown above that it is possible with the “print screen” function.

That is the simple solution and in my opinion not the best also if it work. I am speaking about to implement a solution similar to the other print features.

bye
Gianluca

OK Gianluca !
Hope you will find a good solution.
I personally believe that the original BulbCalculator, that thousand of people are use to it, (very important’), is still more easy to use.
Very often modification of existing soft make the thing worst.
I remain of the opinion that the option to use the soft for the weight as low as 100g is the very appreciated feature although not used very often.
The 3D is almost useless also because is simple wire frame.
Cheers
ClaudioD

the D-Footy central bloc is shaped !
Missing the roof, fin, rudder and bulb and a small pedestal support …ah! forgotten the rig also !
ClaudioD

With roof

D-Footy Static Model simulation !

ClaudioD

Some pictures added, the roof is a little too high for my taste, I shall think about !
CD

Claudio,

Loving the patterns made by the laminated layers within the ply. I guess they also serve as a good guide to get the shaping symmetrical.

Is the final plan to use this as a plug for taking a glass or carbon molding?

Regards,

Row

Hi Row,
Yes of course it help a lot for shaping.
Now I have two options, the first with foam wide and shallow 30mm and the second the wooden one narrower and deeper 35mm.
The wooden will be used later as a decorative static model after making the two parts mold.

The two are exploiting the Box Diagonal. There is another one, that was the first drawn, that is exploiting the Box Longitudinal size.
Is Wider and shallow 30mm, it can be less. Not yet transformed in a solid bloc.
The peculiarity is the very recessed LCB that allow to recess a lot the Fin and Mast.

I will amuse myself for a while before starting again with the Esterel 1.2.3.

Cheers
ClaudioD

Just assembled the PDF file with booth Footy the L-Footy and the D-Footy
ClaudioD

After a small lamination defect on the foam hull, I changed my mind and introduced a Reversed Bow just to see what it’s look like.
It may be that I will do the same thing with the wooden master, meanwhile I re-checked the original D-Footy drawing.
I need to revise the design to reach higher displacement.
ClaudioD

Being satisfied with the new idea and with the above visual results, I decided to reshape also the the wooden Master Bow .
Also the foam is sliced to verify the shadow shapes, a sort of ‘reverse engineering’ in view of revising the D-Footy drawing.
ClaudioD

Just an O.T. but it was so spectacular I couldn’t resist after days of raining !
ClaudioD

Redrawn the new template for mold construction :

ClaudioD