EPOCH now fully IOM compliant.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Due to popular demand, Climate Models is now selling a fully IOM compliant EPOCH.
It features the same 'Aeroglass hull" (with bow molded for 10mm bow bumper) and Carr sails, but now has a Sails Etc. IOM aluminum rig with the Sails. etc main and jib boom as well as all of the Sails etc. rig fittings.

Kits are ready to go at $469.00 USD.

Thanks to everyone who gave us suggestions on this project.

Peter R.
www.climatemodels

Visit www.climatemodels.com

Hmmmm - might just be the incentive to think about an IOM - now if they only sailed them closer to me, it would be a definite “GO” !

Peter, good luck with the sales and marketing. Would be really great to see a “hired gun” (so to speak) race one in an IOM event to see how it stacks up against the other IOM’s - even in an exhibition format.

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Would be really great to see a “hired gun” <hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

It’s in the works.[}}:-|>>]

Peter R.
www.climatemodels.com

WONDERFUL !!!

Always great to see a company that sells it’s products based on cost, availability, and hopefully in the near future - acceptable performance.

Good Luck !

Peter
[:-jump2][:-jump]
Way to go!!!
$469.00 USD works out to roughly 638.00cdn God I love the price. Just have to convice SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED that it is a good buy.

Not to hard when I show her the price of other IOMs

Jeff
Alberta

(ps will do wind tests and sailing test of the Epoch in Southern Alberta for a small fee $469.00usd Hey I think we can work out a deal here HAHAHAHA)

peter
have you tried gauging the performance with any recent iom design? the price sure is attractive and very competetive compared to the current designs in the market
regards
ed

jeff
and this is an endorsement for peters product. get “SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED” . to talk with me. i usualy get a new IOM everyear. this year is the first time i have not gotten a new one. i like epoch. i told you about my problems with it. , but that was me being an idiot. not the kit. talk with peter. he is a good guy. off the water:-) i count peter as a freind and i bought the kit off him. to show around here. and have gottne intrest. tell “SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED” that if you buy an epoch. it will come to less than a boat a year. you buy the boat. and it will take you a year to figure it out. so you will not buy a boat next year. then you will race it for 2 years. you do not buy another boat. now that meens the boat has cost you $200 a year. but then you wil try and improve it for 2 years. and that meens you are saving money by buying epoch. do the math. i did:-)
i am such a smart ass. you cant call me a dumb ass
cougar
i like the boat too
long live the cup
ask peter if you could install a drum winch?

is the keel fin removable? what material is it made of?carbon fiber?is it available without the rig and sails? is the mast deck or keel stepped?
ed

Hi Ed,
The keel is removable as per IOM rules.
It is made of 6063 aluminum. A lot of people will add a “skin” to the flat keel stock to give it a foil shape and increase its strength a bit.
It is plenty strong as is, but the stiffer the better, right? :slight_smile:
The mast is keel stepped, but could be made deck stepped just by cutting it down and adding a mast step to the deck.
The kit is available without the sails, but we have not started parting it out as other companies have.
It was designed as a good simple “complete” entry level IOM. We don’t want to mess it up by making it just like everyone else?s out there where you have to get all the parts from a shopping list.

Peter R.
www.climatemodels.com

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by ClimateModels

The keel is […] made of 6063 aluminum. A lot of people will add a “skin” to the flat keel stock to give it a foil shape and increase its strength a bit<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>
Hi Peter

A keel which is a flat alu plate is certainly interesting. What is the plate thickness, please, and have the leading and/or trailing edges been given any detail work, such as rounding or tapering?

Lester Gilbert
http://www.iomclass.org/
http://www.onemetre.net/

need a media outlet? The only known IOM Sailing Calendar on te planet (I hope)

http://www.procrastinatorscalendar.com/

NL

Nick Lindsley
Australia 0418 727-727
Intl +61+418-727.727

it would be interesting to see the epoch go head-to-head with the current crop of iom designs.it will have the chance to test if there really is no need for mega bucks to be competetive in the iom class.

just like what carol shelby did in the '60’s when he used street hotrod technology to take on ferrari in le mans