De-Curling Trispi leech

the leach on my TriSpi jib has a curl in it, and it really kills the performance. Is there anything you can do to get the curl out?"

thx

Try rolling it around a tube (from foot to head), leave it for a day or so. Unroll & reverse the roll, leave it for a day or so & see what happens.

I tried that last winter. After three months on the tube, it was still curled.

terry cloth towel on the table and a warm(not hot) iron… I’ve been able to revitalize some sails this way…

proably when the sails were made it was near the end of the roll… maybe?? hence the curl…

[QUOTE

proably when the sails were made it was near the end of the roll… maybe?? hence the curl…[/QUOTE]
My thought to. When we have a roll that’s near the end at the loft often times it gets rolled the opposite way & it helps.
I think one of the tough things with models is the load is so low it doesn’t “fix” things like this as it would in full size.

A warm iron worked for me on some crinkled spinnaker material that I made sails from.

I am not familiar with the material Trispi, maybe it is similar?

Dont overdo the heat, too cool is better than too hot!

Sneak up on this real slow Tom. It just takes a fraction of a second to ruin your day. I would suggest not trying it unless you have a replacement suit standing by. Don’t ask how I know.
Don

I put on a few battens in the meantime. Instead of a (hot) iron, maybe some steam heat will be better.

Hi Tom
I had a piece of trispi kicking around so I threw it ina pot of boiling water for 5 or 10 minutes. I didn’t hurt it and it did seem to relax it a bit. It may be worth a try. I wouldn’t boil the seams though.
Don