When I first got the boat I got many wins and was always among the first 5 in a fleet of around 20 boats.
I can’t say if it was just the RB or the overall design of the boat but, whenever it got overpowered downwind, I didn’t lose control as with other boats using swing rig. It was very sweet and steady.
Upwind the boat could point much higher than the rest, to a level I was getting complains from the other skippers. And of course it was fast!
The next year and after some minor accident’s, I began having problems I couldn’t overcome, since I didn’t have time for practice and only attended some races.
At some point the boat lost it’s balance and in calm water you could see the aft risen a little. It started diving to the point that the whole rudder got out of the water and was out of control.
It also stalled a lot, even going backwards.
I found out that Christos had used a shorter rudder which was also not aligned to the keel. So we changed that, but still had issues.
So now we have stripped the boat down. Replaced the servo and moved it, from next to the keel, back in the center and close to the rudder.
The winch was then moved closer to the keel and we are planing on having half of the line, loop outside the boat to be easier to attach the jib line when using a classic rig.
Also Christos has created a custom swing rig mast tube, that will allow us to adjust it’s angle on the bow-aft axes.
As I wrote earlier I’m also planing on 3D printing a new rudder, keel and bulb mold.
Some time ago, a Russian guy had made a video compilation of the boat, with many close ups and many nose dives. I never new why he did it, as well as why he erased it from youtube.
Be patient and maybe this year I will get more screen time.