An old (1974) VORTEX Engineering 60

Thought there might be some interest in the lines for this old design. Ran across them in some old files and scanned for possible use.

These will be small file size so I can post, but I can email the much larger JPG to anyone interested.

Download Attachment: [ smSixtyhull.jpg](http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/data/Dick Lemke/2004224112750_smSixtyhull.jpg)
39.25KB

Dick
Can you send them to me, please?

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

Don (and others) -

send me your email via Personal Messanger - since email sent from this forum prevents attachments.

PM says Dick and Dick Lemke don’t exist. Am I dreaming?

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

don just click on his name. you will get the pm there
cougar
and dick they look good. but how come they are not ac drawings:-)
your friend cougar

Nope- I click his name,click PM,fill out the message,click send message and it says,“there is no one named Dick on this list.” Or something to that effect.

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

I just sent a test to you Cougar and it worked fine so I’m doing it right. Dick just dosen’t exist. I wonder who gets his boats?

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

Dick
I got the plans-Thanks

Thanks
Don
Vancouver Island

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by cougar

and dick they look good. but how come they are not ac drawings:-)
your friend cougar
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Awwww - there is more to sailing than the AC classes. [:D]

For what it is worth, the lines are for a DRAGON Class that (I believe) was intended to be built to 60 inches overall.

I don’t think thats a Dragon hull if you’re referring to the Dragon class. The Dragon has a more “old-fashioned” hull if memory serves-with a rudder attached to the keel like a J boat… Looks a little wide but maybe an older 5.5 meter?
UPDATE: heres a link to an illustration of the Dragon:
http://www.hsc-hamburg.org/dragon/result/inres97.htm

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Could be - no argument from me. I just saw it listed on the photo portion of the flyer as a “Dragon Sixty” - so assumed.

Hello Dick, does the Sixty hull plan (.jpg) still available? I’ve a hull but not the plan and I’d like to find one copy plus the construction manual…Thanks in advance!