An apology

To cougar; I am sorry for what I said about your IACC boats, and for my comments in the F100/F99 thread. You are as keen as I am when it comes to designing boats, we’re just on different tacks.
Cheers, Matt

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

To Matt
I am sorry also. I was not mad at you but somehow we got caught in the cross fire. i have always said i dont understand the canting keel tech, and that is okay , You like it. and that is a good thing. i never meant it to come across as an attack on you, mearly as a word that i use. heck i even called my first sail gimmick sails. ( you ever see a jib the size of a main?), i say we bury the hactet , and do a good job on this board. you go your way with the new teck , and i wil go my way with the iacc20 boats
we still be mates?
cougar

No probs mate! How did you manage a jib bigger than the main? trying a code 0 genoa or somthing?!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

Matt
no i did not try a genoa. but i heard somewhere along time ago the jibs provide speed, (like 4 gear in a car) and the main provided power( like first gear) i was stupid. i was a kid and did not know jack about darft? and anything. so i just cut up a tent , and made me a set. lol the jib was almost 400 sqr inch. and the main was 450 sqr inch. now this should make people laugh. this was on the dumas ace racing sloop. the hull is only 25 inch:-)
cougar

lol i did the same thing on my vic huge main huge jib, it kinda worked, till i went down wind and it bowdived and didn’t come up.

i love tinkering with these boats it takes up time i’m sure my girfreind is going to hate it soon