amya mag

has any one got the latest mag from amya the last one i got had the v32 in it .am i up todate ?

such is life!

lol no you are up to date. i have not gotten an issue for OVER 2 years now
starting to royaly p**** me off
cougar

long live the cup and cris dickson

In seceral weeks ago I receved MY issue 137. I posted the following message on the windpower forum. I know that in the past peaple have grap about the delay in receving issue and quality of content. I would like to thanks thoses who have work so hard to produce MY. It good to see that the MY is being produce in a more timly fashion and has maintian high standerd of quililty during the reorginaztion of new editors. So lets give the group of peaple who create MY a big hand of thanks.

I did recevied the following massage back from Rich Matt, MY Photo Editor.

Your comment and compliment about AMYA’s Model Yachting magazine will be appreciated by the many folks that are involved in putting it together.

A great deal of credit need go to new MY Managing Editor John Davis. This guy is a real dynamo. He pushed on everyone to get the issue you mentioned, MY #137, in the mail only one month after MY #136. MY #138 goes in the mail next week. This issue features articles about hardware and a lengthy dissertation about one guy’s experiments with spinnakers that’s destined to inspire others to find other and better ways of getting a spinnaker up and down. Boss Editor John has on hand about one-dozen pages too many for the next issue, MY !39, which features the Vintage Model Yacht Group. This issue will probably be using thinner paper stock in the interest of keeping down the mailing costs of extra pages. MY Class Features Editor Paul Meskill is well along putting together MY #140.

John Davis did say a couple months ago that we would get Model Yachting caught up and on a current schedule in 2005. So far, the MY Staff is backing him up. It should happen as planned.

Rich Matt,
MY Photo Editor

And on the Seventh Day, God awoke and saw that the winds were good, seas were calm, the sun is shinning, and all that he had made was good. And on that day, he rested from all his work, which he had done, and went sailing. ~~~~~~~~~~_/)

Anyone having a problem not receiving their copy of Model Yachting magazine should communicate with AMYA Membership Sec?y Michelle Dannenhoffer. Her email address: membership@amya.org, or toll-free phone: 888-237-9524, or letter address: 558 Oxford Ave., Melbourne, FL 32935.

The most common problem when it comes to mail delivery relate to the issues sent by Bulk Mail. Some fifty or more copies of every issue sent Bulk Mail wind up being returned to Michelle as being undeliverable. The most common reason for the problem are folks who winter at a different address and have their mail forwarded but do not remember that Bulk Mail items are not forwarded by the Postal Service. The cure to getting mail forwarded is to pay the additional ten dollars in AMYA annual dues in order to be on the Model Yachting First Class Mailing List.

There are over eighty AMYA members living outside the USA. These folks need pay the additional ten dollars in dues in order to be in on the First Class Mailing List ? Other countries do not participate in the USA Bulk Mail program. On a few occasions, as might be expected when more than one Postal Service is involved, a delivery or address problem might happen. Sometimes there is a problem transferring AMYA dues because of currency exchange rates or credit card services that are not compatable.

Another virtue of being on the Model Yachting First Class Mailing List is (comparatively) speedy delivery. A copy sent First Class usually gets delivered within a week. A copy sent out Bulk Mail takes on average one month for delivery.

If not already an AMYA member, please refer to the Membership Application Form available at www.amya.org

Rich Matt,
AMYA 004

aussieoutlaw,

i got the v32 issue and received another in the mail yesterday which featured the infinity 54. dunno the issue number but i am quite sure based on the IOM Class Secretary’s letter that it was early 2005. hope this helps. when i get to work i’ll get the issue number to confirm.

sdswabbie

Bruce Lopez
S1M #1924
IOM USA #144

Model Yachting #136 which featured the V-32 Class was mailed in early April ?05.

Model Yachting #137 which featured the Infinity 54 was mailed in early May ?05

Model Yachting #138 that features Hardware & Rigging goes in the mail next week.

Model Yachting #139 which will feature the Vintage Model Yacht Group will probably be ready sometime in mid-August ?05

Rich Matt,
MY Photo Editor

Ooops! Didn’t get my months right. Disregard the previous message–Substitute this one instead.

Model Yachting #136 which featured the V-32 Class was mailed in early May ?05.

Model Yachting #137 which featured the Infinity 54 was mailed in early June ?05

Model Yachting #138 that features Hardware & Rigging goes in the mail next week (early July '05).

Model Yachting #139 which will feature the Vintage Model Yacht Group will probably be ready sometime in mid August ?05

Rich Matt,
MY Photo Editor

Rich - thought you gave up the photo editor job? [:D]

Anyway - have you relaxed the rules yet regarding hi-res photos? The reason I ask, is that I would like to do a bit for the following issue when Open Class is featured. My guess is that Stan would be able to use some input from those of us who are “AMYA Members but without a class!” [:-grumpy] I will be happy to solicit from some of our multihull owners, aand do some writing, but I don’t want to strong-arm them into thinking only 35mm high resolution photos are acceptable. (One of my points when stumping for a web based publication in recent past).[:-bulb]

I want to be able to accept what they are willing to give. If they are using digital at low-res settings, I would rather use them than no photos at all.

Let me/us know.

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Class 3 Landyacht #US-196
Minnesota, USA

Dick,

Please send me a sample photo file as an email JPEG attachment. We are learning ways of making a low-res photo into something suitable for print. At last resort we can print out any photo at 300 dpi, scan the resulting ?postage stamp?, open it in PhotoShop, file it at an expanded pixel-count, print it out again bigger-sized and repeat the process. The result is a crummy photo, but at least it?s not all pixilated.

Model Yachting #138, which goes in the mail next week, has over ninety photos. Near as I could tell every one of them was taken with a digital camera. All came in on CD-R or as email attachments having a pixel count between one and three megapixels. The cover photo was taken at four megapixels and then filed to an expanded 24 megapixels. Nowadays, folks are thinking that they might just as well set the camera at a high pixel count so as to be able to have photos that can be printed out at least 4? x 6? ? Evidently, taping to the refrigerator door a hard copy photo of the grandkid is much more satisfying than taping a CD on the door.

You have contributed some fine writing for the magazine. It?s good to hear that you might submit more of your ?stuff?. Us fellow multi-hull aficionados need be heard.

Rich Matt,
MY Photo Editor
email: RichMatt@comcast.net

Really great to get so many high quality issues of MY so soon. It will be good to be (back) on schedule. Thanks to John, Rich, and all the hard-working volunteers. Really appreciate it.

Interesting to hear that issue 140 (?) will be devoted to Open Class.

I understand that Stan Abadie has found it necessary to resign as Class Secretary, however. Hope the multi-hull guys, and Footy owners, and assorted wanna-be classes can rally together to get some “stuff” to put out a good issue for the membership…

Bruce Crichton
AMYA 14043
Footy #761
footy.rcsailing.net
footyclass.org

Breaking news:

I have heard from Bill Young that he has volunteered, and been acepted, as Open Class Secretary. Thanks, Bill, and good luck.

Bruce Crichton
AMYA 14043
Footy #761
footy.rcsailing.net
footyclass.org

<center>[:-?help]</center>

Dick Lemke
F-48 #US-06
MultiONE #US-06
Class 3 Landyacht #US-196
Minnesota, USA

this message is for rich matt
and i want this in the open .rich is one of the good guys. i have been getting mad over silly things. today i got a present . i did not need it. but rich made it possible for me to get the back issues.
i know this sounds like i am kissing a** . but after all i have been though. maybe i was just talking to the wrong guy
thank you very much rich
rejoining the amya now
cougar

long live the cup and cris dickson

I have been in Aussie for the past 3 days, when I got home there was my issue #138.
A flick thru it looks like there’s a lot of good information.

Well done.

[:-pirate] Yesterday in my mailbox was the lastist issue of MY. Issue 138 featuring hardware and rigging. Looks like the editor are sailing with full canvis aloft in the high winds to produce another so quickly. Hat off to the editors for another great job. At this quick pace in producting MY the editor should be back on schedule in no time at all. Do I dare to suggest that the editor who have proven that they can produce MY in a very short time span, increse the number is issues produce in a year from 4 to 6.

And on the Seventh Day, God awoke and saw that the winds were good, seas were calm, the sun is shinning, and all that he had made was good. And on that day, he rested from all his work, which he had done, and went sailing. ~~~~~~~~~~_/)

I agree with the WindWarrior hats off to the AMYA staff for getting caught up with the MY issues. I constantly harp on my wife for ‘saving magazines’ until she can find time to cut articles and such. I have purchased a magazine holder for my now growing number of MY magazines. If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em.

Bruce Lopez
S1M #1924
IOM USA #144