ACC New Zealand almost finished

damm that looks good
you did a great job
still 1/20 scale?
mine hit the water on the weekend. no sails yet. AND NO LEAKS. but ****. who did your paint. that looks awesome
way to go
cougar
long live the cup

scale is 1:18

eric
is it nzl 60 or nzl ?
cougar
long live the cup. and cris dickson

here some Pictures of the building

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by cougar

eric
is it nzl 60 or nzl ?
cougar
long live the cup. and cris dickson

<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

It is NZL 60

But it will be not the only one. Friends of mine are building Alinghi, Oracle , Areva and Luna Rossa , maybe even some more. Should be at least 6-8 Boats.

The whole thing is a project we started by internet 8 month ago, Everybody is building what he can do best for the others

One makes the hull, one the fittings, another one the keel and so on. I will for example cut the sails

Damn fine job, and a bloody good idea. It’s a shame more people on here aren’t prepared to get together and do the samething.

Peter

Eric, the boat is terrific; where are you located? Are you using a spinnaker?
You’ve done a great job!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

Doug: Couldn’t you just have said “Nice Job!!!” like everybody else? No you had to inject “spinnakers”, another “idea” only you are trying to promote/sell. If you look at the picture you see the boat doesn’t have a chute. Please stop this baiting and trying to hijack threads!

And Eric–Really Nicely Done!!!

CONGRATULATION[:-captain]

Thats A wonderful boat you got!!

Fantastic job!

Wis

PS: Roy you are so right![:-banghead]

_/ if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it! _

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

peter
i was trying to do this all along. i am just glad there was SOMEBODY listening
erich boat is a damm site better than mine right now.
i cant wiat to see it in the water
eric get your friend to get pictures of thier boats
cougar
long live the cup
mine will be in the water in 2 weeks
just need a new main

Hi Folks,

I have made the molds for the hulls an actually I’m building the mold for the Decks.

Eric got the prototype made from glassfiber, the other hulls will be made from carbon fiber. “Mass production” of hulls and decks will start in june.

Here are some pictures of building the molds, have fun!

The weight of the hull ist 444 gr. The carbon fiber hulls will be a little bit lighter (about 400 gr.), but they will have more stiffness.

Overall length is 1,35m (about 52 inches), displacement is 5 kg.

@cougar: do you have pics of your boat?[:-bouncy]

Cheers, Yeti

eric dam fine job but you have way too mush spare time on your hand mate how does it sail?? how did you make the coffie grinders espicaly the handles?

When the Apprentice knows more than the Mentor its time to quit!

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by lorsail

Eric, the boat is terrific; where are you located? Are you using a spinnaker?
You’ve done a great job!

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Hi Doug

Why should I use a spinnaker?

Iacc boots don?t use it for years anymore

Seems to me that you are not very well informed.

Eric

Damn fine looking boat
Sure hope the iom I am building turns out this good

Question
on may 12 you posted a few pictures what are the items in the 4th picture (look like handles)

Jeff
Alberta

yeti
yes i have picture of my boat. not in the water but being built. check chiico website
http://www.velarc.it/
check this out. we were both coming with the same idea, but we did not know each other untill now
yeti you and eric have something the same idea that chicco and i had
i kinda of like the idea, we have 3 boats being built in the south. new zealand and australia
your boats in germany. and our boats in canada. maybe we can get this going?
yeti get my msn and add me to your list. we can talk
cougar
long live the cup

wow! Hurts my eyes! Damn great job!! Can’t wait to see sailing pics. Where in germany can we see the maiden trip.

Folkert

damm that boat makes mine look crummy. you did a real good job on the fibreglass. any tips on how you did it? i have decided that i am going to make my nzl 32 . your way. so any hint . talk to us on the board please and thank you
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

@ Albertaclipper

These are the grinders

@ Folkert

Hamburg, Germany