AC15 Spycam

This photo of secret testing of a <font color=“red”><font size=“2”>GENNAKER</font id=“size2”></font id=“red”> for use on an <font size=“2”>AC15.</font id=“size2”>[:-snorkel]
If I tell you any more I will have to kill you.[:-taped][:-taped]http://nz.msnusers.com/SharedPicturesIanHB/ac15class.msnw
Edit; Having some finger problems posting the photo. Just hold your breath. [V] While I do some research
Do it NOW before it`s too late.

Please! Ok, you can do me in but show me the pix first…
edt: I’m DEAD tired; catch you in the mornin…Since I have to go to bed w/o seeing the pix
you owe me some details as well…
Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

[:-banghead][:-banghead][:-banghead]
<font color=“red”><font size=“3”>MAN</font id=“size3”></font id=“red”> what a blxxdy nightmare that was.
I have been trying to post the photo for the last two hours.
Guess I am not the clever nerd I thought I was!
[:-jester][:-dunce][:-drunk]
Edit: O yes I am cleaver after all (and modest)
not only one photo but a series! [:-crazy][xx(][:-hot][:-idea][:-mean][:-pirate][:-party]

Absolutely fantastic! Details! Does it retract? Where’s the jib?

Doug Lord

Like it!!!

Luff 'em & leave 'em.

<font color=“limegreen”><font size=“2”>SHUSSH</font id=“size2”></font id=“limegreen”> No questions please.[:-taped][:-taped][:-taped]
These images were abtained at great personal risk and expence and are for your eyes only, they must under no circumstance be shown to you know who.[:-witch]
If word got out then I would be in <font color=“red”><font size=“3”>mortal danger</font id=“size3”></font id=“red”>[:-wiltel][:-wiltel][:-weepn]

What makes this such a big deal? Guess I missed it.

nice pics. boat seems to be overpowered most of the time

Hi!
Yes, nice pics. My Kuyousho Fortune must be upgraded!
Regards,
Booster

damm
those are sweet pictures. now i can understand why you life is in danger. lol i wonder how is works. i might be able to use that in my iacc20 boat. way too cool and congrats to the person who didi it
cougar
Long live the cup

There were three of us in the inflatable, one driving, one taking photos and one on the remote. We set up the gennaker, sheeted to the main boom and set off. The boat was way overpowered most of the time and had a few lay downs. We would gather it in and head back upwind in the dinghy ready for another go. We have had our AC15s for about two years and this was some of the most fun we have had radio sailing. We came ashore buzzing about it, scheming about what we can do to beat it.
Brett

Are you considering making a smaller retractable, gybable version?

Doug Lord

We have dreamed about this for some time, but as we don’t want to drill any holes in our boats we haven’t come up with a method yet. Next may be to put a gennaker on the C Rig and see how it goes when it’s blowing. We had considered using a prod and sheeting to the jib sheet. This would allow us to gybe, but we still have to chase after it in the inflatable.

that was the best
way to go guys. if you come up with a way to do this. i would bow down. to the guys down under. i have got an idea about the take down and setting the sail. but no idea yet on how to pin it. if you email me we can talk about it. i may even know a way on how to control it. pin it port and pin it starboard. how tall would you say the sail was? i know it was attached to the mast head? but since i dont have a ac15(yet grin) maybe you could tell me
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

The luff is about 2.2m and the foot is 1m long. Next week we may try attaching a prod out the front about 400mm and sheet using the jib sheet. We have to fit a dummy forestay for when it all goes bad (and it does, often). The reality is that it is probably slower overall downwind than an AC15 in standard setup when you count the wipeouts and the angles sailed in the lulls, however it is about twice as much fun!