a fresh new class

what about something like "at then end of race day any one can buy your boats without electronics for $300 or w/e?

you did bring up a very good point, wasnt thinking about that

The fastest boat does not necessarily have to be the most expensive one. I’m working up a concept in my noggin right now that will cost less than $50, without electronics.
The idea of this thread was to see if there was an interest in building purpose designed, one way speedsters for the effect of setting new rc speed records. A one meter soling is obviously not going to be competative, nor is any ballasted keel boat. The cost will also be kept down by the one meter length limit, which is the only rule that I’m really in favor of. However, I think that we should go with the general consensus, so we will let some more chime in, and then vote on a rule set.

I guess there is no real interest in this, or are we all busy building? By the way, 1/16th of a mile is 330 ft. A good course length for conversion to miles an hour?

Just re-read all the posts to date and the impression I get is the interest is certainly there - I think the current quiet spell is more to do with the changing seasons. Holidays are now upon us and hobby time seems to dry up a bit (certainly does for me). Also, I reckon most are actually out sailing rather than building / discussing design ideas etc - definately wish I was.

As to your proposed distances, gets my vote. I know knots were suggested in an earlier post but I think mph or kmh would be a better bet for the simple reason that they’re units that most will understand.

If this thread stays quiet for the time being it could be well worth revisiting it later in the year when the sailing season has probably ended for most

Row