The venue and dates have been set for the 2015 SeaWind Region 3 Championship. It will be held on June 13-14, 2015 at the Richmond Model Yacht Club’s venue in Glen Allen, VA, Lake Rooty. This will be our 2nd SeaWind Regional regatta hosting, and our 4th regional hosted.
I encourage all SeaWind sailors to attend! The weather is nice in June in central VA (not too hot yet), and our venue is stellar, and is very close to the interstates (I-64, I-95 and I-295), as well as in close proximity to hotels and restaurants. We would like to have a great turnout! If you have never had the opportunity to race against Mike Eades, now is your chance! In 2012, when we last hosted the R3CR, we had sailors here from VA, AZ, NC, and Florida. We’re looking forward to it! Make your plans now to attend! Come and enjoy some Virginia Hospitality, and a great weekend of one meter, one design racing. If you’re sick of this winter weather most of us have seen, start planning your summer fun now! If you’re on the fence and need a reason to come, here you go-
Top 10 Reasons to Travel to a
Regional or National SeaWind Regatta
[i]1. It’s competitive, and FUN
2. You’ll meet interesting people with a common
interest, get to know them, and swap some
sailing stories over dinner and/or your favorite
3. You’ll probably be competing against skippers
who are better than you– at a really great venue
- there’s no better way to improve your skills!
- The weather is usually better there than where
you currently are
- You’ll probably get to meet our Class Secretary,
Mike Eades, before he kicks your butt on the
- If you fly, you’ll learn how to break down, pack,
re-assemble, and tune your boat lickety-split
- You’ll see some SeaWinds with some very cool
- There is wealth of experience and knowledge on
building, rigging, and tuning SeaWinds there for
the taking– just ask! These guys love to talk
about their boats
- If you fly, you might be lucky enough to receive
a courtesy pat down from TSA
- It’s the perfect reason to take a “roadie” for the weekend!
You can find more information on our club website, which you can find here:
The entry form and NOR are available, and you can register online, and pay your entry fee via Paypal- Easy! Anyone with questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rob Suydam, at email@example.com
See you in June!