2014 SeaWind NCR

Skippers,
A web page on the SeaWind COA web site is being created for all information about the upcoming 2014 SeaWind NCR:
https://sites.google.com/site/seawindcoa/home/upcoming-events/2014-seawind-ncr
I have created this thread for anyone to post questions, comments or suggestions about the NCR, to encourage other skippers to attend or for any other purpose regarding the NCR.
I hope to meet up with friends old and new among the SeaWind fleet. We welcome skippers of all levels of ability and experience to take part in the annual NCR party!
Mike

Thanks Mike for starting this thread!

As the coordinator of the 2014 SeaWind Nationals at Housatonic MYC, I want to join Mike in encouraging all SeaWind skippers to consider participating, and I’d like to remind any visitors here on this forum who might be “thinking about” purchasing a SeaWind, that there is still plenty of time to get one up and running before the NCR.

As Mike pointed out, we encourage skippers of all skill levels to join in the fun, and believe you will find the SeaWind community of sailors a very friendly and helpful bunch.

The Notice of Race and the Entry Form are available on the Class web site that Mike has given a link for. As the old saying goes, “enter early and often!”

Please don’t hesitate to ask questions here, or contact me through the contact information given on the forms.

Hoping to see some of you in September! Smooth Sailing, Ken B.

Entries are starting to come in for this event and a list of entered skippers is posted on the NCR web page.
Hotel information is also now posted!
I hope to be able to meet a lot of Region 1 & 2 skippers there. How about making a commitment to be there!
Mike

Looks good- I’m in! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Looking forward to seeing you here, DL !

Don’t forget your camera and note pad, Mister Editor ! (…and bring along some of your Seawind buddies to…)

Ken B.

First 10 entries are in for the 2014 SeaWind NCR! If you are planning or even hoping to be there let Ken Bauser know as soon a possible. It really helps the organizers plan a great event to have an idea how many will be there.
Mike

Skippers,
Just a reminder that two more weeks remain before the regular deadline for entry to this year’s SeaWind NCR. After that time entries may still be accepted but at a higher cost than is currently available.
Hope to meet you there!
Mike

Got time off on Friday so plan to be at the site sometime shortly after noon.

Very excited to sail with everyone again. Got my boat, got room reservations, got everything except stick time on the boat. Been a “too busy” summer.

See you in a week!

JC

Great, John. Looking forward to seeing you and sailing with you again! Ken B.

Well, the Seawind Nationals 2014 Day 1 is concluded, under sunny skies, warmer than normal temperatures, and light variable breezes.
With 15 races completed, and 2 throwouts applied, the unofficial top 5 are as follows:

1. Mike Eades (AZ) 31 Pts.
  2. John Arkenberg (CT) 47
  3. Al Stiewing (AZ) 51
  4. Fred Goebel (CT) 54
  5. John Coale (ME) 60

Final results will be posted Sunday evening.

The 2014 edition of the Seawind National Championship concluded today, again in light and variable wind conditions, with a familiar name at the top of the final score sheet. Here are the results, after 25 races / 4 throwouts:

1. Mike Eades (AZ) 49 Pts.
  2. Fred Goebel (CT) 72
  3. John Arkenberg (CT) 85
  4. Al Stiewing (AZ) 85
  5. John Coale (ME) 94
  6. Chris Anderheggen (CT) 104
  7. Jay Niggli (NY) 121
  8. Dick Chandler (CT) 135
  9. Ken Bauser (CT) 145
  10. David Lawrence (VA) 177
  11. Mary Goebel (CT) 203
  12. Alain Picard (CT) 206
  13. Paul Mercer (MA) 215

We couldn’t have asked for a better group of skippers to host!
Thanks to all who attended, and congratulations to Mike Eades on adding another National Championship to his trophy case!

Ken B.