2012 Regatta Schedule for the Northern Virginia Model Yacht Club

The Northern Virginia Model Yacht Club (NVMYC) has scheduled six (6) regattas for the 2012 sailing season. All of the events will be sailed at Lake Anne in Reston Virginia.

Three (3) Victoria regattas:

To start off, we have the 8th Annual Farmers Market Open on July 21st. This is an AMYA green chevron event and is a skippers ranking event. The Friends of Reston sponsor this event and provide everything for us: prizes, food, music, a new Victoria for raffle, and even a farmers’ market and craft bizarre.

The following month, we will host the Region 3 Championships on August 18 and 19th. This two-day, red chevron event should bring out the true competitors. Region 3 has the second largest population of registered Victoria owners and we would love to as many as possible join us.

Our end of season event is the 14th Annual Pumpkin Regatta, which is scheduled for October 28th. The NVMYC hosts this traditional event on behalf of its founding club: the Ashburn Model Yacht Club (AMYA #19). Unique trophies, a chance to claim the top prize: the Perpetual Pumpkin, and unpredictable weather is what’s in store for attendees at this Fall event.

Two (2) Soling 1-meter regattas:

We kick off our sailing season with the 4th annual Cherry Blossom Regatta on April 1st—no fooling. This AMYA green chevron always includes weather as an unpredictable factor.

We end our sailing season with the Pumpkin S1M Regatta, which is scheduled for October 27th. The event precedes our traditional Victoria event, held on Sunday, which is going on 14 years. Unique trophies and a chance to claim the top prize: the Perpetual 1-Meter Pumpkin is what’s in store for attendees at this Fall event.

One (1) new RG65 event: the inaugural Cinco de Mayo Regatta, scheduled for Saturday, May 5th.

Save these dates and make your travel plans. Maybe even make some vacation plans since Reston is located just 15 miles west of the Nation’s Capital. For more information about the NVMYC and for the NOR, SI, and registration forms for these events you can visit out www page at: www.nvmyc.com

Regards,
Scott Allen
Commodore, NVMYC

I am definitely going to try and make this…

Yeah for Virginia!

RG Regatta that is…

Brian
Your Mr. Victoria also 3 good Regattas there too. You always have a place to stay here.
Congrats on the up coming addition to the family !
Craig

Brian,
It would be great to finally meet you in person…hope you can make it. My sister is in Lexington. The drive is a bit long, but should be pleasant in May.
Scott

Based on expected low participation, the Cherry Blossom S1M Regatta is canceled for this year.
Scott Allen
Commodore, NVMYC

Any news on participation turnout for the cinco de mayo Regatta?

Brian

Besides all of the locals, I have Rob Sudam’s entry from Richmond. I suspect the rest of the Richmond sailors will wait until we get closer to the sailing date to enter. Hopefully you are still thinking about coming up.
Scott

Yes I am, that is why I was asking…:):slight_smile:

Brian