Triton Mini40 build

Roland - here are a few photos of the MicroSail foiler. Not many out there, and was fortunate enough to have a local boat to see and sail for a day. Am posting photos - but just tell me which one (s) you want more descriptive detail which I will provide as best I can.

Basics - left to right:
Local owner with his F3. Note wide beam compared to length.

The forward float foils. Wands (spring loaded and height adjustable maintain
the correct height of floats from water. Boat sinks, wand hit water, foils provide
up angle and floats rise. Floats too high - just reverse and wands allow foil to
lower hulls.

Foiler up and flying and sailing to windward

Overall view of foiler on lawn before sailing.

And finally - one of the biggest problems with "pond/lake sailing - WEEDS !

Dick

P0001723.JPG

Well, this is my favorite foiler on youtube. Not class legal in any class I would guess but while not able to tack on foils its jibes are really quick without much loss of distance. Most of the video is of reaching in inconsistent wind. It certainly is an inventive approach with the minimal structure and twin swing rigs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaKy4QFHvM&NR=1

Hi Niel,
awesome foiling. This twin rig foiler seems to step up the foils almost effortless. I think it is much lighter than my Triton.
With the asymmetric foils and the current foil position the Triton foils well for a Mini40 and handles very well. I have ordered a carbon Triton from Siri already, my yellow Triton is for sale. Here is the latest video shot in gusty winds.

//youtu.be/MfVMwKejHCc

Cheers
Rolando