Sail Numbers

I like the idea of one sail number per skipper. I stopped registering my footys because i would no more get my new number and I would need another because I enjoy building as much as sailing. LoL I have a lot of hulls setting on my work desk. Some I’ve sailed some may never see the water.

How do we bring this discussion to a close?

I brought this up a couple weeks ago and seem to remember Bill Hagerup may be in agreement. He responded that I should study how changes happen in the AMYA.

I hear a lot of common statements. Do we do a poll and and see is there is concenses?

What about hull #'s. I think it should be optional and as Angus says, If it fits, sail it.

Next Step?

I’ll chat with Bill while we’re together for the NCR. If we don’t find any major obstacles before then, we’ll change the policy.

John

Hi John

Here is a link to Bill Hagerup’s comments:

www.rcsailing.net/forum1/showthread.php?t=4848&page=5

My comments were in post #31, I think? I am doing all this from a phone.

Guys,

Hopefully, this can be handled by using sail numbers already issued to an individual, or the last few digits of his/her AMYA membership number, and without issuing yet another new number. Also, I don’t think anyone wants to give up their existing registration number that’s already on their sails, so we need to take that into consideration. And what about family memberships, with the possibility of a husband/wife or parent/offspring wanting to compete in the same event? Then too, there may also be a case of someone who would prefer to have more than one individually registered boat…

Nothing is simple!

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park (Ft. Lauderdale), FL USA
AMYA #0835
Footy #835

Sailing model yachts and membership in a model yachting organization has always been done on an individual basis, so there is no need for “family memberships.”

Or do you envision two people trying to operate the two sticks on a transmitter? :scared:

Actually AMYA does have family memberships as does the local pond club I am part of… so a family would have one member number. but in theory each boat would need a separate extra number. but that can solved with a small peice of electrical tape in the shape a thin vertical line representing a “1” to help differentiate.

ON my Victoria, one boat has 81 on the sails, on the second vic I tossed a 9 in front when I numbered the sails “981” that way if someone wanted to borrow the boat lake side it already had different numbers. and was ready to sail.

although I like the idea of a “father/son event” where one person steers and the other trims the sails…kinda like a three legged race…

T-H,

The AMYA (along with many other organizations) offer a “Family Membership” at a slightly higher rate than a regular membership to present an alternative to multiple members residing in the same household receiving duplicate copies of the association magazine, which represents the lion’s share of the cost of that member to the association. A lot of local clubs and groups offer family memberships to hopefully promote the hobby as a family activity. Model sailing is a particularly good activity for sharing quality time between fathers & sons. For someone who is a solo modeler, or is not involved in racing, there may be no need for family memberships (or even sail numbers & boat registration), but there is a possibility that this might present an issue at a regatta.

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA
AMYA #0835

And the answer is? :wink:
I’m carrying on sailing number 10… it’s only a racing number afterall and is my first registered number. There are way too many boats passing over my bench to keep on marking new sails and registering more hulls. Will the pidgeons mug the cat Angus?

I think you only need to register boats at an event, and have a personal number,you nominate a boat at the beginning of the day and cant change boats during the day AKA rules concerning keels etc.
Nick

ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
wholesale nike jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners
Cardy Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots
tiffany Jewelry
ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners
Cardy Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots
tiffany Jewelry
ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners
Cardy Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots
tiffany Jewelry
ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners
Cardy Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots
tiffany Jewelry
ugg boots
wholesale Jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
nike air jordan
nike air force 1
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
uggsor
ghd straighteners
Cardy Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Metallic Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots
tiffany Jewelry

I think that one Sail # for each “class” of boat you run is best. If you have five footys then each would have the same # which would represent you in that class. When they say Your number it is like saying your name. If your family member races the same class then you would have a letter following or preceeding it to represent a family member.
As far as hull #'s , use your orgainization member…AMYA 16269 would be my hull # for any of the boats in my fleet. If you have more that one boat you race in a class…you would of course add a letter, if you scratch build or use the manufacture hull # in conjunction with you Association #.
Lost or stolen…your boat is easily identified.

For me… I am going to put a big smily face and “BOZINATOR” on mine:lol:

jim:)

Honestly, I never understood why your AMYA member number or the last 2-3 digits of it could not be your permanent sail number for any class…Although it would negate the possibility of selling your sails with your boat…unless you can get the ##'s off…

In the CRYA (Canadian Radio Yachting Association) I have registered one boat, Razor 09 CAN, but if I wish to register any of the other six or seven boats I have built, it would cost me five ($5.00, CAN) for each additional boat. Most of them are experimental, some have never sailed, (and probably will never sail), so it seems radically unfair to demand a separate registration number for each boat. The Footy class is different from other classes in that many people have several experimental boats which will never sail competitively. ( I can’t imagine anyone having seven registered IOMs or seven registered US 1Ms.)
Why cannot we have some sort of International Footy registry of the OWNERS, with a national designation such as CAN, or US, or GBR after the number, but ALL numbers in numerical sequence of ownerss, world wide.
The Footy is afterall the “first” truly International INTERNET model sailboat class.
Just a suggestion…!