rc laser

does anyone have an rc laser? i was thinkin of gettin one but was wondering how strong the winch servo is on it? also is it rather fast all i have to compare it against is a victoria. i just wanted to see what peoples opinions are on it. thanx

i love tinkering with these boats it takes up time i’m sure my girfreind is going to hate it soon

I had one about five? years ago and raced it hard for a year;got second in the first Florida State Championship behind Calvin Obarra.
The boat is a little less than pretty but sails beautifully and is a blast to race one design. The sail winch is dead dog slow but everybody in the class has the same handicap. There are now three rigs available which you NEED to race competitively. The boat is rugged, very well made and you can have a lot of fun racing within the Laser Class. Also see the topic under “New Boat Owners” regarding the RC Laser…

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

I love my Laser.
It is fast enough for me. It will stomp my SeaWind, which will stomp a Vic.
The winch is powerful and easily up to the job, but as Doug said, it IS slow.
As stated before, it is not as pretty or as eligant as a sloop. The beauty of the Laser is it’s versatility. With the three separate rigs, it can be sailed from a zephyr to winds of 35mph. It is watertight, which comes in handy when you are out in the wind and surf.
Finally, the boat, radio, stand and all three rigs can be packed away in an optional carry bag in just a few minutes.

Bill