Project Blue Sky

nigel, you too are becoming wise!

tmark, we all may have our opinions, but as brett said, they may be total flops… however, so far i have learned;
more keel chord than “looks good” is nessicary. the boats do not go fast enough to make use of a keel that looks proportional. actually that is te story on the entire boat. the rig it seems to me must actually be too small to be fully proportional, maybe 140% of the length for a light disp. boat. [although i also have a footy whose rig stands almost 200% of the length…] the rudder would like to be big, and able to turn the boat with minimal niput at slow speeds. etc. etc. my design mode right now is efficiency. so, there ar my opinions, i would be loath to see you take them as if base on any foundation of merit yet, beacause i have not had time to test them out…:rolleyes:

:zbeer:
barrett

trust me mate, i’ve got no clue … that’s why I’m asking … my first inclination was to go with the appendages shown with the earlier blue sky skiff pics … you observations are certainly interesting and would be consistent with what the reynolds numbers for the speed and size of footy foils dictates

'twould / could be an interesting excercise to trade some platforms, rigs and appendages for real world testing …

nigel willing i’m going to have him bang out 4 copies of the current blue sky interation … perhaps he’ll turn out an extra for himself to test against lajabless … and perhaps if anyone else is so inclined they may want to trade a hull for a hull to test against … or a rig for a rig … or a keel for a keel …

lord knows the boats weigh next to nothing so shipping can’t be that expensive, i’d be more worried about them arriving in splinters …

in any event, one more sanding to go, then a coat of primer and i’ll put up the new blue sky pics

Trevor

oh i’m not wise.
up that late i get into trance and speak in tongue.

the shop is waiting for production. when yer plug is ready.
take your time…make her nice.

as for the lajabless, i’m currently making one for myself.
see if i can make it work.