(off Topic) Moderators?!?!

OK Doug, just do this though, will you please? Try and keep you continual F100 and CBTF in the Tech section or your in your F100 update post and not spread it around like it?s some kind of bread topping.
I can assure you that no one here thinks that Graham is incapable of building fast boats so stop reading that into everyone?s post that happen to question you statements that it will be the fastest monohull ever.
You already have a post page here that is titled F100 in the New Classes page. I don?t see why you just can?t keep this contained there. Update it like you said you would, and when you finally get the boat in the water you can make us all eat crow if you like. I for one am looking forward to seeing just where this class will go. I would have no problem myself owning an F100 if it proves to be a popular class.
Unfortunately the F100 web site seems to be getting old as I don?t see many updates or changes there.

Doug, if you have a reply to this then please take it to the F100 page and we can get all of this over there.

I would like to announce a brave member who has stepped forward to be one of our new moderator, Matthew Lingley, will be Technology posts and MultiOne Posts.

Please try to stay on topic,

some neat features to appear soon.

this message is to dan
first things first. i take offense to you saying that my boat is the fastest on the water. I have NEVER said that. and with all the people ganging up on doug. I am starting to wonder about , who is right. it sounds like the new york dorks. in 83. saying asut II was illeagle. , and twinnn keels is not unusual, the kiwis tried that in 92 , so the tech , is out there. if you want to attack me. fine. but please . attack me using what i say. and not what i dont. i happen to like new ideas. ( not shoved down my throat) but new ideas help us grow as a group. i welcome any new adivce from people better than me. and i do not make personal attacks. not even to doug.
makins sure new comier dont get mislead is everybody goal/ and canting keel to a new comer is way of thier heads. even spinakers are a bad idae. but i have not seen any post directed at the beginners . anyhelp on planking? sailmaking step by step?
i would love to learn how to make my own sails
cougar

Cougar pleses tell me where i said your boat was the fastest?

And plese tell me where i have attacked you?

I have never attacked you. If you belive i have plese let me know where so that i may clarify my statement because it was not intended to be an attack on you.

-Dan

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by cougar

this message is to dan
first things first. i take offense to you saying that my boat is the fastest on the water. I have NEVER said that. and with all the people ganging up on doug. I am starting to wonder about , who is right. it sounds like the new york dorks. in 83. saying asut II was illeagle. , and twinnn keels is not unusual, the kiwis tried that in 92 , so the tech , is out there. if you want to attack me. fine. but please . attack me using what i say. and not what i dont. i happen to like new ideas. ( not shoved down my throat) but new ideas help us grow as a group. i welcome any new adivce from people better than me. and i do not make personal attacks. not even to doug.
makins sure new comier dont get mislead is everybody goal/ and canting keel to a new comer is way of thier heads. even spinakers are a bad idae. but i have not seen any post directed at the beginners . anyhelp on planking? sailmaking step by step?
i would love to learn how to make my own sails
cougar
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

[:-jump] New person on your attack and ridicule list,Greg?

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

ahhh… yea Doug, if you say so. We all know that’s why I’m here.

I, too, am confused by cougar’s post and the offense taken towards Dan. Not sure where that came from…

Oh, my. Chad - what does ‘moderation’ entail? Mudslinging it almost de rigeur here. If personal-attack posts were deleted, lots of these threads would be gone!!

We have many strongly-opinionated people posting in here and when their personal agendas aren’t met, they seem offended and respond in less-than-polite terms.

How can this be handled? My hat is off to Matt for stepping up to the plate - let’s hope he doesn’t get beaned!

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Graeme, Wind in the Willows.

Sorry if offense was taken with what I posted. It was meant to be ?fun? not attacking. Maybe my brand of humor is over the top? Try and not let some here have you believe that I was vindictive when I posted that. It was meant to be light hearted.

dan
I am sorry about the post, my wife read it and took a different view on it , you got me and goug mixed up. and I did not catch the mix up. you wrote that I did not understand the techknology. and a few line later you wrote saying that I had the fastest boat. my wife seem to think that was directed at doug and not me. so I apologize. and to greg at first your post got me mad. but then i saw you last post and got it. you still have a friend here:-)
I think we have taken to many personaly attacks on people and got a little bit on edge. I will deal with a new boat intsead.
again sorry dan
cougar