New mixed class "Racing formula 100R"

Almost right Alan if you exclude the 4 reconised ISAF classes organised by the National bodies : A, M, 10R, IOM , all the rest is left to “personal initiatives” or few local Associations with almost no legal power. In spite of that RG65 is growing fast and Footy is progressing too and sometimes we see the MM. All the rest is pure ‘desert’ !! or just commercial plastics toys with boat shapes !!

Ciao
ClaudioD

Alan -
as I am not too familiar with each country - I do know that Britain France and (maybe) Germany have National “Authorities” although I am not familiar with each. “Down Under” they too have National associations that govern sailing in Australia and New Zealand - and I think Japan has as does/did Russia. South America has their own organizations - and while they do race IOM - they also have a different class that is “like” an IOM (can’t remember name right now). Some may well be standalone organizations, while others may be sanctioned by their big boat national associations - or directly by ISAF - but each country (I believe) needs some kind of association/organization if they host any International Regattas of the classes mentioned by Claudio.

Here in the US we had a bit of an issue where the US authority “requires” membership in order to sail in a National Championship regatta, while the International RG65 Class has no such membership restriction. Thus if you are an RG65 owner, you can only race non-AMYA sanctioned events unless you pay your yearly dues. What concerned me most, is the in US you also can’t volunteer to be on class Board unless you are a paid member - meaning those who would be willing to act as class secretary, treasurer, commodore, etc. can’t as a volunteer. But I digress a different topic for a different thread - but still wonder how many interested volunteers we lose because they simply want to race and enjoy - not pay and fund an “organization”?