my first footy

all loaded now something weared wih the midle on just pres play and it will start

the new boats are looking Good Charlie!!. Build up the narrow one and report back!
Brett

cheers guna try building the narow one when i get back to uk not quite shore how to get anuf travel on the sail as its so narow an the servo arm wnt be longanuf. im gesing using like direct drive onto the base of the mast woul be tomuch for a micro servo like a hs 81 or 85? cant think of anuther way to do it?

Try mounting the servo on its side, so the sail arm is vertical. But make sure you have access to the servo screws to remove it if necessary. Consider gluing it to another piece which is more easily removeable.

yea that was the oly outher thing i could real think of but the hight is not mutch more than width but i gs i may be able to come up with a way so it comes out above the deck if not it will have to be the higest power micro on a short sail arm setup.

just floated the hull in the pool with 2x8oz fishing sinkars abord to see what actualy would hapen.im not to shore how hevey the final boat will be but that is eual to about the same as the yellow boat redy to go,i intend it to be a litle ligher build and parts though.

still no names for the boats though

proper guted the hull above was prity mutch destroyed on my flight home to the uk dispite packing it very carfuly my bags must have been thrown around like a basketball and the hull was crushed and i didnt have room to bring the yellow boat home eather with is prity luckey problably so at the moment im footy less and will have to start again and make a plug and mold for the skiney hull which is real frustrating.

just rember i had a mold for theses heli blads i made a while back was thinking thed make a nice ruder and maybe fin if i add a molded in bub to it but was wondering weather they may be a litle on the narow side?

looks s little narrow, although, you could make up for it by adding length…

ok cool ill have to see what i can come up with maybe try and find something else for the main fin and just use this for rudders.whith the yellow boat i was at the maximum length to still fit in the box however thats on quite a hevey boat.