Help! Conventional wood footy!

Meanwhile back at the boat:

The sealed hull has been rubbed down - it weighs a surprising 63gm in this state - surprising because it SEEMS very light and I even commented as much.

This is the worst family of pictures I have ever taken with this camera - I was in too much of a hurry, and have not set the hull square so there are regrettable keystoning effects. I also tried the macro function (which I have discovered does not work at all with the zoom) and it has focussed only too well on the sawdust I had not removed

Apologies for the pics - on with the boat.
andrew

Dear Andrew - Even with less than top notch photos I think we all get the picture!

Nice bread and butter hull. You could probably trim a bit more weight (20 grams or so?) from the sides and use a few strands of carbon tow for longitudinal reinforcements.

I can report considerable success and pleasure at the second sealing coat:D
In fact yesterday I felt very much like the proverbial toothless budgerigar*:smiley:

Look out Tmark, not only is BW headin’ at ya, but I have just heard that the millionth word and several friends have been added to the English dictionary!
More grist for your mill!
Additionally andyT who also speaks english is generating words at a phenominal rate (about 5 words per hull. i.e. 10 per footycat)
andrew
*no budgerigars were harmed during the building of BW

Yes quite…and I’m sure if you floss the honeyglobe, rechrome the gigglepin, then the archibald should be flooby…

Trakka, yes; all of those are part of the plan:D
I have been told that I generate a load of verbal rubbish - and have to agree.
Also a few ideas, Footys and friends
andrew

gosh, verbal rubbish, that will make a chang

Blackwatch has been wrapped up against the cold, and despatched to her owner and ace pilot Tmark in sunny Canada.

The first travel box was too wide - so it got narrowed

To this

Enjoy - I have
andrew

I do love that salty nautical terminology! Pointy end…? With that wiggle thing at the other. And does your wind blow in ‘nots’?
Always remember that us rag-flappers need to stick together against the stink-potters when it comes to nauty language, or we’ll all be running on that gassy stuff.