Game of chicken

<blockquote id=“quote”><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial, Helvetica” id=“quote”>quote:<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”>Originally posted by John Storrow

I have no agenda to abolish the rules, I just find myself thinking about them conceptually because I’m bored at my Job.
<hr height=“1” noshade id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

Career change maybe? [:D][;)]

F

i would be open to looking at a “new” shorter condenced version. most of us can race at our clubs with just 10 rules. not the 160 that are there now. for the first time racer out there. we should make it simpler for him/her to race, kepp the starboard tack advandage. but make the bouy rounding simler. say everybody hold there pos. with in 2 boat lenght? . that would stop alot of crashing. because after all most people shoot for the 3 sqr meter area. and if there is 12 boats/ that get crowded preety fast
cougar
long live the cup and cris dickson

When boats meet Rules 10 through 19 covers most situations. That’s just 10 not 160 and they have been used but can be changed by all countries using them and are up for modification every 4 years? If they didn’t work they wouldn’t be used as they are. Suggestions can be made by all countries.

The AMYA has a drawing of a course with 6 situations that cover almost everything needed to avoid collisions. Port Starboard, Windward leeward, Overtaking, Outside at bouy, altering course to leeward (hindering), Tacking too close.