Finally I made it...

the only problem I see… is if you have a bum servo…replacing is going to be a PITA… gotta have real small right angle screw drivers. Unless I’m missing something in the pics…it looks liek the servos are attched to a board…separate from the deck, but I dont see how the board is removed…

I use velcro on both sides of the lipo battery one to stick to the hull, and one to stick to the rx. works well on my other boats as well. the lead on the lipo is just long enough to hook into the rx…

What model footy is that…I like the keel trunk…

I’m heading to CA this weekend so I’m going to pick up a few v-12 hulls to play around with and I am now making my foils using Heli rotors… and they are all going to be interchangeable. so I have a 8oz bulb, I’ll make up a 7 oz and maybe a 6 oz. so I can swap keels and rigs. so if I know it going to be light air day. put in the big rig with a lighter keel bulb… and sail. Yes I know I can’t swap ballast during an event…

I have been known to carry a fishing pole and a 3-4 oz sinker and cast away…the key is to “miss the boat”

Julian, Sorry Marc & I have hijacked your thread hear, but hopefully there will be some useful gen for you & others.

Marc, You are right about the board. This is a hatch that I have cut out of the original deck, which has a 3mm balsa strip positioned underside & half way across the join to support the hatch (and deck). This is then held in position with clear hatch tape. Remove the tape, lift the hatch, & It is easy to get to the servo screws etc.

The boat is a one off of my own design, “Audrey”, built almost entirely from 1/64 (0.4 mm) ply. It is a boat I am quite fond of, but the hull panel is one piece just pulled up to the shear line, so it has no rocker which means it doesn’t turn very efficiently.

If you go to the thread “more aeromodellers here” I have posted some pics & a description of the mast/keel box, & thanks for your kind comments.