Experienced RG sailors opinions wanted.

Mark I think the spackle I have is acrylic so will try to mix some black water base acrylic paint into it.

Roadtoad I did use a heat gun. You’re advice on this is accepted by most searches I have done on the
subject, other than a few that would use a chemical thinner. I wonder if I could wipe on some West Systems
Epoxy on the outside of the hull and use the heat gun to level it? If I could have an epoxy Finnish on the
Boat. I could then polish it to a nice smooth surface. Thus eliminating the need for a clear cote.

Yes you can use it on the outside. But, better to brush some on heated (thinned epoxy) first. It will take less to cover the hull. Heat too much and you’ll get runs and sags as it thickens. A fast couple passes of heat will then thin the sags and runs out so they level.

Only thing is epoxy generally does not have any UV resistance. And believe West Sys turns yellow in the sun.
So epoxy is generally topcoated with at least 3-5 coats of UV Marine varnish. Or back to topcoating with spray paint.
For us boat builders Krylon spray cans seems to work just fine. I have used automotive Duplicolor ( bigger color selection) as well on top of the sandable primer.
Rustoleum spray cans work well too. Just takes about 5 days to fully dry.

The best paint I ever used for RC boats was the K & B epoxy paint, 2 part, sprayed on. Glass like finish and glossy. No longer made. Second was Pettit Hobby Poxy 2 part paint, not as hard finish as the K & B, also no longer made.

You might want to to investigate Klass Kote http://www.klasskote.com/, I just found this link. I have to look at this product myself.

Road toad ,Klass Kote is manufactured not Far from me. I have heard good things about it and it replaces the
loss of K&B as a good two part epoxy finish.Myself I have no way to apply that kind of finish, so I have to deal
with rattle cans and brushed on finishes. Did some experimenting with filling pinholes in the carbon fiber layup
the last two days. Everything from black dye to acrylic filler tinted black, there is simply no way to fix a poor
carbon fiber lay-up and the more you sand it or try to fix it, the more problems arise .Im going to just give it
a smooth finish and let it be. Pictures tomorrow .

Hear ya, I’m in the same boat as you these days. No spray equipment or indoor place to spray. Have to wait until spring and use the rattle cans outdoors.