Erk MORE Radio help, please.......

OK, guys and gals, concentrate…and remember this is my life - if it ain’t confoozled, it ain’t me.

I’m building 2 Canterbury J’s and collecting bits as the budget allowed. The problem is that my servos aren’t the same. The rudder servos (HiTec high torques) are Futaba plugs while the winches (HiTec drums) are JR plugs. I’ve got 1 JR Tx/Rx combo and one Futaba Tx/Rx combo.

TELL me that it’s a matter of reconfiguring pins or changing servo wire ends - right? I’m worried that somewhere in the distant past I read that JR-configured servos won’t work with Futaba Rx’s…positive- versus negative-pluse or some such electronic trivia…

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Graeme, Wind in the Willows.

On the boats over here we have come up against this problem from time to time(hitec and futaba). All we did was change the wires around in the plug ends to suit the configuration. Don’t know if it will work with your equipment, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t.
Peter

JR and Futaba recievers are not compatible with each other’s transmitters. As FM’s they are different shifts. Some transmitters like the Hitec Eclipse can change shift and be setup for positive and negative shift. I’m not sure how this relates to AM. For PCM every manufacturer is different and there is not much cross compatibility.

For servos they are interchangeable. Only the connector is different. Futaba and JR have the same pinout. Futaba is white,red,black. JR is yellow,red,black. Yellow and white are the same. To use JR servos in a Futaba reciever usually just requires nothing. Just remember to plug it in so that the yellow goes where the white goes on a Futaba servo. To use a Futaba servo in a reciever that has JR plugs, (this is usually a hitec reciever since hitec servos by default are JR plugs if you buy a hitec radio) you need to trim the tab that sticks out from the white pin side of the plug.

I feel better and both replies make sense. Thank you.

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Kenneth Graeme, Wind in the Willows.