ec-12 deck

deck weighs 11 ounces…without any urethane…Looks like I’m gonna be near the 14ounce mark…

Ian I get ya…of course the ec 12 isn’t a newbie boat, so you should know what yo are doing when you build it…:slight_smile:

Rick, I am still pondering the vaccuum bagging, but I’m afraid if I do it and then put it on the boat, I’ll crack the glass when I bend it over the deck supports… I know there isn’t much bend in the deck, but it may be enough to break the glass, and I’d hate to F up my work and start over… At which point, I’d get lazy and slap on a birch ply deck and be done with it…

Rick, you opinion, Goldspar mast, round groovy, or the teardrop from larry ludwig?

Rick?

rick, rod they both begin with R…:slight_smile: for some reason I had rick west’s name on my brain yesterday…sorry, my day went to hell yesterday afternoon. and I’m still in a funk…

glued the deck down a few nights ago… electronics isntalled. I still have some newspaper stuck in the far ends of the hull that my fat hands can’t reach…

so now i need to start drilling holes in the deck…

Mast is 90% complete I hope to have it rigged this weekend.

Still need to paint the hull and fair the deck.

maiden voyage
ec12 2081 “Bamboozled”

9/3/09

still needs paint on the hull, but its a functioning sail boat…

I’m REALLY likin’ that design! ‘Saw th’ pic of yours in th’ intro thread an’ tho’t, “Now THAT’s what a sailboat should look like!”
When I grow up, that’s what I want to build! That and a J-class.
RD

rd, I’d love to build a J…but at that point, you need a trailer just about to transport, and 2 people to launch…70-80 lbs of lead… if I was going to do that I might as well just get a 2.4 meter/.mini 12…and get back into the boat…