CBTF (Canting Boat Twin Foils) . . . Class legal.

There you go again Greg-totally wrong! Getting to be a habit with you!
I’m 100% AGAINST any change in rules in the US One Meter Class!
But Todd speculated ,I think, earlier or else I am now that certain so called loopholes would be closed up at the end of the coming season(RULE CHANGE). And since the class is organized the way it is I would be VERY surprised that if Hal and/or Will are succesfull with their canting masts that they might all of a sudden become illegal.
After all, in the Moth Class even though foils were legal when one guy showed that they could win and by big margins certain elements of the class went for a RULE CHANGE to ban them. Because the Moth is the most progressive full size development class in the world they were defeated.
The gains to be made with a canting mast are great-not as great as with a canting keel in some conditions- but great nonethe less.
Will everybody convert to a canting mast or vote them out?
Huh, Greg?

Doug Lord
–High Technology Sailing/Racing

I don’t know of any existing proposals to limit development and design in the USOM. As Tb says, if it can be done at home and cheap I don’t see any resistance to the development he or anyone is doing, alot of it is unproven anyhow and anyone willing to take a chance on doing that within an existing framework of rules deserves a great deal of respect. It is people who wont take a chance that I have a problem with, designing new boats to accept so called high technology is not really proving anything to anyone other than they can afford to pay for a new gizmo or gadget and sail it against nobody to speak of.

Congratulations!!! This is the 97th thread to be “hijacked” by Doug Lord.

i second that roy