a possible reggata?

Matt,

I’m always surprised how many non-sailors hear about the Mac race and know about boat night. As a sailor, I have that event on my calendar well ahead of time…

I guess I thought your suggestion was that if the regatta were held on that day then people could attend that event. I was pointing out that it is a bit of a haul up there… That’s all I meant.

Where in Novi do you work? I work up in Walled Lake (15 Mile and Welch Rd.) so you are probably only 10 minutes from my plant…

• Will

Will Gorgen

Will,

I am on Grand River near Haggerty (just north of 10 mile). We are close!

My commute is longer though :slight_smile:

The Other Matt

[:-weepn] You guys are makin’ me homesick ! (sorta[:D])

Up were I lived, there is an excellent r/c park. Right next to I-675 bypass, and open to the highway and very few trees to mess up the wind. Nice pavillion area, and low daily fee. Gougeon’s usually hold their Small Wooden Craft Symposium there each August. Parks Director got me hooked on r/c sailing when I saw his 10 Rater ! Unfortunately 2 hours north of the big “D” - so kind of out of the way!

I do like the Grand Rapids idea though, and Ann Arbor is closer to in-laws than Matt’s location. Now if we held the event in the fall, and if Will could make sure we all got tickets to a University of Michigan game … somewhere around the 50 yard line would be OK, … [;)]